A toggle or custom frame of some sort for medically significant species

Is it possible to get a toggle switch or some way to denote medically significant venomous species. I have been browsing the scorpion category and sometimes the sellers disclose that info and sometimes they don’t. I’m assuming they tell potential buyers of course. It would be nice to see at a glance if the species is considered “hot”. Maybe just a green, yellow, and red circle to denote how severe the venom is?

4 Likes

The thing we would need to consider here is liability. Lets say we miss one off of the list we consider “hots”, by either mistake or differing opinions in the community, and then some plonker ends up in A&E because they got bit by said species.

In a place where anyone can sue for anything, it opens up worms like “well MorphMarket didnt tell me it was “hot”, so I let it crawl on my face during unboxing…”

Its a slope we need to be careful climbing.

With that said, we have somewhat touched on this with Live Plants traits: Live Plants - MorphMarket US & Canada

Great feedback by the way @bonafidenature

3 Likes

Also keep in mind that people can all react differently to things.
A bee sting or a peanut may not be that bad for one person…but can seriously injure another.

Gila monsters aren’t known to cause anaphylaxis after a bite…but someone in Colorado is the first person in many years to have died after a bite. And only one of the half dozen Gila monster deaths is confirmed to be the cause.

2 Likes

I would think morphmarket could put a liability clause in their terms, or Leave it up to the seller to label appropriately and pass off all liability to the seller/ buyer. It would probably reduce my own sales but I would be cool with a “hot” section where users would have to use some sort of age verification and would need to toggle on the category so that they are acknowledging that they agree to the liability waiver. Just an idea. I have started labeling my own spiders with :fire: :skull_and_crossbones: at the beginning and putting my standard medically significant disclaimer at the bottom. As it stands now there are some pretty potent things listed with almost no warning, I’m assuming that the sellers are making the buyers aware of course.

Something like this perhaps?

Disclaimer:
While MorphMarket endeavors to provide accurate information and warnings regarding species listed on our platform, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of all listings.

It is important to note that not all dangerous species may be correctly labeled, and even species deemed safe may pose risks to certain individuals due to allergies, preexisting conditions, or other factors.

By purchasing from our online marketplace, you acknowledge and accept that:

*You are solely responsible for researching and verifying the accuracy of species information before making a purchase.

*You understand that MorphMarket does not assume liability for any injuries, damages, or losses resulting from the purchase or ownership of species obtained through our platform.

*You agree to assume all risks associated with the purchase, possession, and handling of the species acquired through our platform.

*You release MorphMarket, its affiliates, and sellers from any and all liability arising from the purchase or use of species obtained through our platform.

It is strongly recommended that buyers exercise caution, conduct thorough research, and seek professional advice when purchasing and caring for any species listed on MorphMarket.

2 Likes

Just a question… have you read through MorphMarket’s actual TOS?

MorphMarket is not a party to contracts for sale between sellers and buyers. We do not act as a traditional auctioneer and do not perform the role of a traditional auctioneer. We do not take possession of any Living Items, handle escrow, or process payments. Instead, MorphMarket simply provides the technological infrastructure through which users can connect and transact with each other. MorphMarket is not a seller. We have no information to verify or contradict the information or content posted by a user. Any guidance MorphMarket provides as part of our Services, such as pricing, shipping, listing, and sourcing is solely informational and you may decide to follow it or not. We may help facilitate the resolution of disputes between buyers and sellers in certain circumstances, but are under no obligation to do so.

• As a buyer, you are responsible for knowing any and all applicable laws, rules, regulations, or ordinances governing buying, transporting, delivery of, housing, boarding, and/or keeping the Living Item you are purchasing in your jurisdiction.
2 Likes

My favorite part …

But even with those, people will still try their luck… in the face of bad luck :sweat_smile:

4 Likes