Accidental eggs

I was sold a pewter leopard at a convention, and was told it was a female, so I put it with my other female ball who is a classic python (don’t worry I have a very LARGE enclosure.) needless to say I found eggs. I’ve been trying to figure out what the morphs are so I can sell them accordingly. Does anyone have any ideas what they could be?! I attached mom, dad and the 4 babies.

5 Likes

Looks to be like….

1st baby is normal
2nd is Bumblebee
3rd is Pastel
4th Normal

But where I’m confused is you said a female pewter leopard and a female normal were caged together and you got these eggs from the pewter leopard female or the normal female?

Cause I see a bumblebee in the first picture with a normal.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum!! Those are some beautiful snakes!

1 Like

Seconding this.

Has the female that laid the eggs been bred before? Seems like she could possibly be storing sperm from a bumblebee, or she was just bred by that bumblebee we can see pictures with her

2 Likes

Looks like the bumblebee in the picture with mom is the one that bred your female, or the normal is the male and your female is the bumblebee. Either way you should remove all of them from each other so you don’t have a very young female getting bred, since you don’t seem to have sexed your snakes. It is best not to cohabitat snakes unless you know exactly what you are doing. That, and only snakes of the same size should be put together to avoid cannibalism.

3 Likes

I agree looks like the bumblebee in the second picture is the sire. Babies look like 2 normals 1 pastel and one bumblebee.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve also got concerns about the state of this cohabitation. If the animals haven’t even been sexed have they been properly quarantined, etc etc etc?

3 Likes

So the pewter leopard was only introduced after I allowed it to grow, that’s just the only pic I could find of it at the time, so he’s much bigger now. I learned how to sex them now but my normal I had sexed when I got it, it’s a female. My Bumblebee I was told was a female too. And the leopard I was also told was a female. I’ve been doing a ton of research now because I wasn’t trying to breed or stress my snakes, they had all been quarantined before they ever were housed together. But now that I learned how to pop the tails I’m finding that the ppl who must have sexed them were wrong…the Bumblebee and the normal have been together for 7 years and never had any issues until this year when I found the eggs… I had them in a 6ft long custom tank (many hides, different hot spots the whole 9). So now I must build or buy some new tanks cause I’m not trying to over sex my snakes :pensive::pensive:

Wouldn’t recommend cohabiting, there’s no need. And especially in a 6ft, that’s not enough room for them both at all, and definitely not enough room for 3! You say you don’t want to stress them, but putting them together is going to stress them…
I’ve seen people Cohab with success but the vivariums were huge! What you’ve done isn’t fair on them, If you had the 2 together for that long also with no problems, why add in a third?
They all need separate vivs…

4 Likes

I totally agree with this. There’s no reason to cohab any snakes (maybe except some garters) together. If you decide that you do want to cohab then you need a much, much larger viv. If you ever decide to breed or get more snakes they need to be housed separately to avoid any conflicts. I’m not trying to attack you, just informing. On Ball Python Cohabitation

4 Likes

I would recommend buying some tubs as temporary housing for 2 of them, as to not wait any longer.

1 Like

You could even get storage tubs and put them inside the main enclosure (after testing temperatures of course).