Name of Gene: - Mango Balll
First produced by whom: - Steffen Hellner
Year: - 2014
Genetics Type - dominant
In complex with other genes?:
Other names/aliases for it?:

Description:

Appearance: - removes key holes cleans the snake up and brightens the colour
Proven: proven to be a dominant gene through breeding and reproducing itself as a single gene and in combos
Unique: registered on world of ball pythons Mango Ball - Morph List - World of Ball Pythons
Related Genes: - none known so far
Problems: none known so far
Other History: there has been a few combos done so far (candy mango ball, albino mango ball, black pastel mango ball (bruno)

References here on the community: - Mango Ball - Morph List - World of Ball Pythons
Albino Candy Mango Ball - Morph List - World of Ball Pythons
Albino Mango Ball - Morph List - World of Ball Pythons
Bruno Ball - Morph List - World of Ball Pythons

At least one link to community discussion (ie forums) to demonstrate community acceptance
Link to WOBP if exists
My black pastel mango and the worlds first the same snake is the one used for the photos on the world of ball pythons link for the bruno ball**

4 Likes

Honestly I’m not seeing anything stranger than what many “hets” would express.

A few questions:

1. Has a Super-Mango been produced?
  2. Has a Mango been paired to a Normal at any point? If so, can we see the clutch?
  3. What dominant X Mango pairing have been done?
  4. I may be misunderstanding the wording here, but is this the Black Pastel Mango?
1 Like

from everything i have managed to find there is no super only a dominant gene but i will be pairing mango to mango in the future.
i have not done any breeding with the mango myself i am expecting a clutch this year from her though.
this is the black pastel mango.

from the world of ball pythons listings the founder of the gene submitted you can see the base form of the gene ( Mango Ball - Morph List - World of Ball Pythons )
on the listing is does say its a dominant gene but i will still be trying to see if there is a super form

1 Like

This gene hardly looks different from a nice normal. Same with the combos. I feel that to be considered a morph, a gene has to not only be proven genetic but also substantially alter the appearance of the snake, either in the single gene form, super or combo. I don’t think the “Mango” has met that standard.

4 Likes

ok well i will continue to gain more information and hopefully be able to give more in the future to support the case enough to be considered further :slight_smile:

2 Likes