Adult Banana Clown Question

Do adult banana clowns get the flecking like regular bananas?

The ones I have seen get a few speckles, by in my opinion overall much less freckling

3 Likes

Some say coral glows get less speckling then bananas, but I have seen both types cleaner or more speckled. I would suggest if you want no to a very few specks, get a morph that also has bel morph in it such as Mojave, lesser, phantom or mystic. All mine even as adults have none or very few specks making them extremely clean looking.

3 Likes

Coral glow and banana are the same exact thing. You can get less freckles on either of them, or more on either of them. Freckles are pretty random honestly. You can have banana parents that don’t have a huge amount make babies that have a lot. The only thing that can stop em are added morphs.

1 Like

I’m my experiences with the ones I’ve hatched it is not I agree with @banereptiles you want less speckles add a bel gene.

Correct!

2 Likes

I mean on a banana/coral glow with nothing else added. As stated at the end of my post, the only thing that can take them away are added morphs. Bel morphs get rid of the freckles, but things like butter also get rid of the purple.

1 Like

That’s totally incorrect! And only certain genes reduce freckles some don’t make a difference ie pastel and calico. Lesser for sure changes the color palate but does not take away all the purple. I’ve raised a few from out the egg to adults and they still have purple hues.

3 Likes

Not totally incorrect. The banana butter adults I have seen don’t have the purple bananas do, they have a brownish/darker yellow. I know not all morphs reduce them, no where did I say all moprhs did. Some morphs increase them as well. Maybe look at more than just your own butter bananas before you say someone is incorrect. Cinnamon banana mojave reduces freckles but (generally) keeps a nice purple color. Not sure if that would work in a clown combo though. The banana clown adults I have seen don’t have a huge amount of freckles and are rather faded too.

I look at a lot of of other stuff other than my own I work with other breeders in my area. So I have seen them in person first hand and watched them grow. Pictures on the Internet tend to look different than seeing something in person and watching it grow.

4 Likes

This is my pastel banana clown male — he’s got some freckling going on himself!

He’s around 400 grams but given that most bananas will continue to get more freckles as they age, he’ll probably get more haha

2 Likes