Advice on what to add to my collection

I started keeping ball pythons again about 5 years ago after a 15 year hiatus. So much has changed- mainly all the morphs that have emerged! My daughter and I want to start some breeding projects soon and I need another male or 2 to add, so hoping for suggestions.
We currently have:
Female Lesser
Female BEL (lesser/butter)
Female Pewter
Male Mojave
Thank in advance!

1 Like

You have so much BEL complex that I would suggest something that brightens it up or morphs the pattern. Just stay away from more BEL complex animals to avoid white snakes… Perhaps a nice OD Fire male or if you want to really play with the patterns than maybe something with GHI or Leopard in it. Have fun and good luck.

2 Likes

I second the GHI vote and suggest something like The all around pleaser of Banana.
Some nice base morph that I (personally) think look nice with those morphs you had are: black head, black pastel, and hidden gene woma
Or, if your in the mood for a nice long term project, clown and pied are always nice morphs to aim for.
But always, look and work with what’ll catch your eye.

2 Likes

If I had the money to splash then this is what I would go with…

Female Lesser x Leopard Enchi = :fire:

Female BEL (lesser/butter) x Leopard Spotnose = :fire:

Female Pewter x Banana Clown = huge project potential

Male Mojave x GHI Yellowbelly = :fire:

4 Likes

How about a Pastel Disco YB…?

4 Likes

Some dark, brightening, or pattern genes would be nice! Leopard, GHI, HGW, HRA, orange dream, ect.

Some newer or more long term projects? Acid, confusion, monsoon, clown, desert ghost, ect.

And things I would personally loved to work with: hurricane, banana, cypress, enchi, and spotnose

The way a leopard-clown-mojave-cinnamon would look is making my head spin!

3 Likes

That is gorgeous!

2 Likes

I recently saw what sulfur does when you breed them together. Awesome animal. Looks like a pied but not. Its a super sulfur. I think it is allelic with fire. Am I correct on that guys? Don’t want to tell you wrong.
Banana, leopard, desert ghost, pied, albino, and orange dream are some of my favorites. Now I added the sulfur.

I freaking love the disco gene!!!

5 Likes

You are correct!!! Black eyed Lucy complex!

3 Likes

If all you plan to make are BELs you can’t really add much because all you’ll see is white.

1 Like

Keep what you enjoy and you’ll be good.
pied group_zpsdt9po9q8

7 Likes

Dude!
I need a ID on every one of the animals in that picture :rofl::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

1 Like

Well, they are all different combos so when I get my eyes on I’ll make a list.lol

4 Likes

That was like a mic drop lol

1 Like

As a struggling professional musician for the last 35 years, I would never allow myself to do a mic drop.lol…but I would agree with that analogy.:grin:

4 Likes

I know you said a couple males but unless you intentionally only want lighter complex snakes I’d add some variety in your females like maybe a female fire and maybe a male banana, enchi, OD, pastel, or YB or combo of these. I like the GHI suggestion or maybe leopard. In the end, what do you like and what’s your vision?

1 Like