Advice please

Can anyone please tell me the difference between a super lesser and a blue eye Lucy please and what the price is thank you

2 Likes

A super lesser is a BEL, but not all BELs are super lessers. BELs can also be made by pairing Mojave, Butter, and Russo morphs. The price is going to depend on whether the snake is male or female, age and what genes are involved. I usually see them selling from anywhere from $400-$700, but you’ll see some outside of that range as well. I’d encourage you to look at the morph market listings and explore a bit

4 Likes

Thank you I put a what I thought was a butter pastel to a Enchi fire and got a hatchling that is pure white with blue eyes when I have done a couple of morph checks and it’s coming out with ever Blue Eyed Leucistics or super pastel but can’t for the life of me work out the difference :woozy_face:

1 Like

@chesterhf A super lesser is a bel. A super lesser passes on the lesser gene to its offspring. So breeding a super lesser to any member of the bel complex 50 percent of the offsprings would be a bel of some type. Your post confused me a bit lol. I think that’s what you meant.

1 Like

I was just clarifying what a BEL is, I wasn’t going into what possible offspring they could make, my wording was just off because I just woke up :joy:

2 Likes

I have a male butter pastel he bread with a female Enchi fire and this is what I got image image image

2 Likes

What colour are the white snakes eyes?

If blue then your Enchi Fire also carries a BluEL gene.
If black your Butter Pastel also carries a BlkEL gene.

Edit: just realised that you said the hatchling had blue eyes :roll_eyes:.

2 Likes

Pictures of the parents might also help with figuring this out!

3 Likes

The baby white snake has blue eyes

the top 2 picks are the female the bottom to the male :blush:

2 Likes

If the top is supposed to be the enchi fire? looks to be mojave and something else can’t tell from that pic which would explain the BeL baby

5 Likes

This is an enchi fire yb but gives you the basic idea of what one should look like

1 Like

This is a pick from a year or so back of the girl that was sold to me as a Enchi fire if helps

That definitely looks a Mojave

5 Likes

I’m with Mary and Hilary on this. 100% Mojave.

How likely is it that the breeder said Mojave Fire and you misheard?

2 Likes

Just to chime in and parrot the others definitely see Mojave’s as well

1 Like

Yeah, that looks to have mojave in it for sure!

1 Like

Based on those pics looks to be a mojave fire. This is a baby fire mojave for reference

2 Likes

To me it just looks like a mojave with a lot of blushing. Doesn’t look fire to me there’s no head stamp. But that’s not a guaranteed indicator. Pictures of clutch mates would definitely help.

3 Likes

Butter x Mojave = BEL

I also concur that is what is happening here.

1 Like