African House Snakes Rule, šŸ˜

Good day, I purchased my 1st house snake recently and received him yesterday. What a wonderful underrated snake. My little dude is only 5 inches long and about as big around as a pencil. Little dude looked all over his new enclosure, checked out all of the hides the minute I got him out of his deli cup. (this was after being shipped overnight and spending half the day hiding in a cloth bag under my desk at work. ) I checked him this morning and he was cruising around under cover in his tank.
I had never really thought about African house snakes until ā€œClintā€™s Reptilesā€ did a YouTube video about them. Clint mentioned that they behave a lot like dwarf retics and since I love my ā€œlittle Big Snakeā€ but canā€™t breed them of get another (they have been made illegal in my state) I purchased a wildtype house snake here on MorphMarket . What an amazing snake.

IMG_2853-2

edited to add, photo is from his breeder, I have him in a naturalistic tank setup with lots of things to hide under and explore.

5 Likes

Those are super cool snakes. I would love to get a couple to breed sometime.

1 Like

I love them in my top three with ball pythons and childrens! They come in some wild colors to! Top 4 canā€™t leave out bloods even though donā€™t have any anymore lol.

2 Likes

20220525_124930
This is the cup Little Dude was shipped in and hung out in at my office. I added my thumb for size.

Yes, they have moved up to the top of my favorites list. Since my little dude is het T+ albino I am looking forward to add to my house snake collection and maybe breeding them someday.

4 Likes

So cool! Thatā€™s definitely a species Iā€™d like to work with someday. I got to hold a tiny baby at a local reptile store and I was surprised that despite its super tiny size, it was a pretty chill little snake! Much more calm than the hatchling corns Iā€™m used to handling.

Iā€™d love to see your setup for him too!

2 Likes

They do rule. But Iā€™m biased! XD