African Rock Python eggs laid!

I’m happy to annouce that one of my African Rock Pythons just laid a perfect clutch of eggs last night. This girl produces some killer animals so I cant wait to see what we end up with! Checm out the size of these eggs! The last photo is one of my holdbacks from this girl’s last clutch.

12 Likes

Wow that pattern and light colors! Is that a proven morph? Those sides look blended together!

5 Likes

That’s a lot of eggs! She is super good looking. I would love to see more of these available captive bred.

5 Likes

They are just nice line-bred normals. I haven’t bred her offspring yet so time will tell if anything else is going on!

5 Likes

Thank you! They are definitely one of my favorites for sure.

2 Likes

Thanks for responding @fisher_reptiles! I don’t know a lot about arps, but sure seems much lighter and high white sides, and different pattern. Even if it’s just line bred traits, they are awesome looking!

4 Likes

For sure, they are typically much darker animals. Unfortunately nothing is known about my adult female’s lineage so we’re starting from square one with her.

5 Likes

Congratulations! Those are some of the best big snakes on the planet. So happy to see that you are keeping them and are advocating for them. Thank you for share your pictures with us and please keep up updated on them :blush:.

3 Likes

Thank you! I have kept all of the large constrictors and these are still at the top of my list!

2 Likes

Congratulations, those eggs look amazing! Your snakes are really gorgeous, too. How many eggs did she lay?

1 Like

Thank you! She laid 31 eggs.

3 Likes

Wow, 31 baby rocks. If they were legal in Florida, I would get one from you. They are incredible animals.

3 Likes

They definitely are. One of my favorite python species for sure.

3 Likes

I wanted to leave an update that this clutch finally hatched and everyone came out perfect and healthy!

7 Likes

That’s great! Thanks for updating.

2 Likes

Wow! I thought 12 ball pythons was a big clutch! Those are awesome looking! I was trying to see if any had the sides and light color like the adult, probably need to wait till after they shed to see what you got. Love those bright head stripes as well. Very cool, not common snakes! Good work!

3 Likes

Congratulations! That’s a beautiful bunch of babies. I love the distinct head markings. It will be fun to see them as they shed and grow and change.

4 Likes

Congratulations! I am happy to hear that they came out healthy!

2 Likes

Thank you! They are all shedding right now and there looks to be some real potential in this group :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like