African Soft Furs in North Carolina

We are new to ball pythons but have a very picky boy and are looking for breeders of ASF in NC. He is currently 6 months old and was eating live before we got him and now we can not get him to eat mice or rats. We were told to look for ASF but we have not been able to find anyone who has them. We are willing to travel to a certain degree. Thanks in advance for any help with this.

ASF rats can definitely be hard to find. Thats one reason I never bothered feeding them to my snakes. Also I have heard once you start feeding ASF good luck getting them to eat fancy rats. How long have you had him ?

There are several ASF breeders in NC, most of the ones I know are on the coast, and one around the four oaks area. They are becoming far more common as people realize that most of the old wives tales are bunk. However, if you can’t find someone to reliably produce enough of the appropriate size for your needs that is far more problematic than small chance of “addiction”

I realize it has been a few months since this has been posted, but if you are still looking and east of four oaks PM me and i can give you a few breeders to contact.

1 Like

I know this post is old but I live in four oaks I am looking for a rodent breeder to buy rats from as I am getting a boa in the next week or so would rather buy from some one near by than ordering online or going to the box stores any info is appreciated

I know there’s an asf breeder in Oakboro NC. I don’t know if I’m allowed to give their name out on here, but there’s an asf breeder directory in my asf breeding group on FB.
I have rats, mice and asf, but I’m in Conway SC

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! I actually found a guy near me.

1 Like

I’m looking as well! Anyone near Raleigh NC? I want to start my own breeding colony.

Im also look for a AS in nc help please