Airtight egg tubs

I have my first clutch of ball python eggs on day 47. My egg boxes are air tight and I’m not sure if the eggs will be ok after they pip. Will there be enough oxygen if I air them out daily?

1 Like

I usually do air exchange every other day during the last week of incubation which solve that concern.

But I have also not done air exchange and never had an issue, it gonna depends how air tight we are talking about, with press and seal you definitely want to remove that.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply.

The tubs are very air tight. No press and seal but they are definately air tight. Will I be better off drilling small holes in them? And how many?

1 Like

Not if you want to re-use them next week, the purpose of a seal egg box is to keep moisture in so if you have holes it lets it out, even if at this point it will not be as problematic as doing so in the beginning it’s a bit counter productive, like I said opening every other day during the last week is more than enough.

2 Likes

Will opening the tub give them enough oxygen even if they have pipped and maybe one is out the egg? Sorry for all my questions. This is my first clutch :sweat_smile:. Thanks for your help

4 Likes

It will once they pip you just open every day if you are really concern.

It’s normal to be concerned especially with the first clutch than you learn to relax and worry less. :wink:

5 Likes

Trust me, once they pip you will open that tub every 15 minutes :smile:

3 Likes

true story :rofl::joy:

2 Likes

Opening the tub once a day should give them plenty of air once they’re out. If you’re using a tub with a rubber gasket, sometimes I’ll remove the gasket to allow some more air flow once they pip. Great luck with your first clutch! (replied to Deb by accident but you guys get it! :upside_down_face: )

2 Likes

Thanks everyone. Im so eager to see the results of the past months :slight_smile: Hopefully i hit some cool combos.

Hi everyone! Good and bad news. 5 of the eggs from my clutch are healthy and ready to leave the egg (2 of them already have) unfortunately one egg does not look to me as it will make it as it smells off and doesnt look the best (im still continuing incubation just incase). Just a quick question, Do you reccomend putting the two in their rack/tub or should i wait till they are all out? TIA

It’s up to you some wait to pull out everything at once some will pull the out and set them up as they emerge, if I am there I do the latter.

3 Likes

Yeah I decided to do that. All out except the one I previously mentioned. He’s looking better though :grin::grin:. Again, thanks so much for your help.

1 Like