Albino & sunglow babies 2024

Thank you, everyone, for the kind words about my boas.

5 Likes

Great looking babies! I honestly can’t decide which are my favourites. I waffle between whether I like the super clean, lighter look of the potential supers, or if I prefer the ones with bigger orange saddles. And those albino motleys are gorgeous too! They’re all beautiful.

6 Likes

That possible super girl…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. She is fantastic!

4 Likes

Had a few of the babies out today while I was cleaning.

All the albinos are motley, and most are jungles, too.

9 Likes

Great,Congratulations

3 Likes

Took some outdoor pictures of some of the babies today.

9 Likes

My goodness, that is a super fun tree. Can you send me some seeds for that type, please :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:?

7 Likes

Riley, you have one seed now. I will have to send you the fertilizer. Hopefully, before fall.

7 Likes

Good grief Tom! Its like boa paradise, all there needs to be is “take one” sign🤣

5 Likes

I was about to ask for some seeds as well, Tom. Those boas are stunning!

4 Likes

Good news, all but 3 babies eat today for me. I will leave them overnight in a small container with the pinky mouse. Hopefully, they will eat overnight.

Out of the 15 babies, 5 of them had one or two bulging eye. Some worse than the others.

I know most breeders don’t talk about this stuff. Because some people take it as bad genetics. In reality, most of the time, it’s just an infection.

But it’s a hobby for me, not my way of making a living. Plus, I like helping people out when I can. Some other first-time breeders may need this info in the future.

I have been treating them with Terramycin antibiotic ointment 4 times a day. Got the meds from my veterinarian.

Out of the 5 babies, only 2 babies, have bad eyes, I could not save. They are doing good for me, and both even eat.
The other 3 babies’ eyes are in perfect working shape now.

The two one-eyed babies are one sunglow jungle and one albino motley jungle. I will be giving them away to people who I know will take good care of them.

7 Likes

Fantastic pictures of some very beautiful animals! I’m glad to hear that three recovered from their infection completely. And it’s also great, that the other two at least are eating and should live a healthy life. Thanks for sharing all of that info.

5 Likes

That’s great info Tom. Your knowledge is wealth to this community sir and were all better for it that you can share with us. Thank you Tom.

6 Likes

Its great being able to glean from your knowledge, Tom.

5 Likes

I have been using a mix of cypress mulch and sphagnum moss for my boas now. They seem to like it, but it’s messy.

9 Likes

Just for the little guys, or the adults too?

1 Like

I use the mix for both / all my boas. I do use big water bowls for the adults with the mix in it. To help keep it contained. But they do make a mess with it. Some more than others. They bo get it in there water bowls. But thats not really a problem as i give fresh water 4 to 5 times a week.

3 Likes

I found a good home for the one-eyed albino motley jungle. So when I feel he is ready to go in mid to late July, he will have a forever home.

Lily loves snakes very much, and her dad does too. He is a disabled vet and a single dad who wants to get Lily her first snake. Both have been here a few times now and got to play with a lot of my boas. Lily has no fear of any of my boas. She is reading anything she can find now about boas and their care.

Anyway, here is her boa and a picture of Lily with Aphrodite.

8 Likes

I am so happy that one found a good home! Starting with a boa is a great thing. Bet she is going to love having that baby for a long time.

3 Likes

Thats really awesome! Always support the vets! She is gonna be a great keeper!

3 Likes