Allelic Morphs aka Complexes [Ball Pythons]

There is zero evidence of bongo having an issue with health or QOL. This is the problem I have with things being labeled “spider complex” :expressionless: people automatically assume problems exist

That would be a fair assumption as everything proven in the spider complex does have some problem. We thought blackhead was an exception, then more supers were made.

4 Likes

I can honestly say out of all the bongos and bongo combinations that I have produced over the years that I have never had any with a wobble or any type of quality of life issues. These are the first supers that I have made so I can’t say for sure on the supers, however, I have never heard of any issues with them as well. All I can say is we also all assumed that desert ghost was a simple recessive

I haven’t seen anything on het bongos wobbling, but there are a lot of rumors that super bongo might/does wobble. I haven’t found any evidence of that so far. IF the super does wobble, it could be a situation where it doesn’t always show it

I don’t think there’s a gene in the spider complex that hasn’t had at least a few animals wobbling in some form (het or hom). I’ve even seen a few people saying they’ve had some super chocolates that wobble. I actually don’t think I’ve seen anyone mention a super wookie wobbling, but like bongo, not many supers have been made.

3 Likes