An Adoption Feature for Rescues

We are a non profit 501c3 rescue in Virginia, and we don’t sell animals, so setting up ads on MorphMarket is a little bit awkward. Is it possible to add an “Adopt” feature instead of “Buy”? Many of the communications we have get a little confusing because we do operate with an adoption application and we don’t ship. Just wondering if this would be a possibility down the pipeline for us rescues, thanks!

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum @centralvirginiareptilerescue! I think the work you are doing with displaced animals is so important! This sounds like a reasonable request on your part so it will be interesting to see what the response will be!

God bless you for the work you do! :pray:

5 Likes

Hello and thank you for the work you do with the little ones!

I looked up and read Ratatouille’s post. Honestly, I don’t think you are in the wrong at all. These are people who are not reading your post and only want a cheap reptile. They obviously would not be a qualified adopter.

If anything, before the adoptee’s info, I would put the blurb about adoption process on the website to the top. MorphMarket doesn’t typically like sellers directing away from the site but I think in your case that’s still fine? @eaglereptiles can you confirm for us?

The fact still is, they aren’t reading about the animal aside from the price. Block them.

5 Likes

We have work for a improved Rescue section, which will display rescue “stores” a little differently :wink:

Let hear so more ideas :bulb:

@aj-admin

3 Likes

I think maybe having a separate section entirely may help? I don’t know offhand how the best way to direct people there may be. The downside is just the lack of traffic that showing up in the main sales section would provide. Maybe a rotating adoption spotlight or something?

I think having it so the ads don’t show in the normal sales section would make it much easier to avoid people just looking for the ‘cheapest’ option compared to breeders. They would actively need to select ‘include rescues’ in the filter or search a section dedicated to rescue animals to do it, so there’s no excuses when they are rude to a rescue for having specific needs requiring purchases.

If there is a separate page dedicated specifically towards adoption and rescues, maybe the splash page can include a blurb about rescue animals occasionally need very strict care therefore rescues may require additional applications or questions answered to know if the animal can receive the required care? That way there’s no excuse for the aggression on the buyer’s part and adoption groups can feel better about reporting bad behavior.

3 Likes