An issue i noticed with slide screen

I use Reptizoo enclosures i like the take down type. A flaw i noticed with the slide top screen is even with the “lock” the tops can slide open. This to me is unacceptable risk since my kitty is obsessed with her siblings. She often sits on top watching them, which under better circumstances im ok with as the screens are metal and can hold her weight. The problem is she is very smart (she learned how to open my bedroom door when i put her in time out). A saw one of my enclosure lids not all the way in (i never leave them open our unlocked) so i took to duct taping the corners shut. I ordered heavy duty velco straps immediately so that i can secure the lids better. If i didn’t have my kitty i wouldn’t have bothered as there is 0% chance for the scorpions to get out since they can’t climb glass nor jump and 12" is a far way for them.

Anyone ever have an issue with slide screen tops? I like the break down enclosures so that if im not currently using them or since im moving i can secure my animals in safe portables and break down the enclosures. I didn’t realize that with very little effort i could slide it open even “locked”

3 Likes

That’s unfortunate they are designed with a flaw like that. I’m curious where you purchase them from, as I’m not familiar with that brand.

4 Likes

Amazon i do almost all shopping online because i can’t drive and only limited space on my lap ( i have a wheelchair)

4 Likes

This would make me super uncomfortable. Even though they have no way out, it is just the point, I personally would get a new enclosure.

2 Likes

Im going to move them under my coffee table there is room enough but not enough kitty could ever be able to sit on them i was thinking of wrapping the sides so she can’t obsess over them. Im getting uncomfortable too tbh.

2 Likes

I moved my enclosures under the coffee table it was enough room for air low but not enough that kitty can sit. Its also a bit darker under there so that should make the scorpions happier.

2 Likes