Animal and Shipping cost in different currencies

To report a bug please complete the following form in as much detail as possible.

About the bug

Summary of the issue: Animals and Shipping cost come in different currencies

Expected results: Animals and Shipping cost are the same currency

Actual results: Animals are in Euros and the shipping is in British Pounds

Links to pages the bug is affecting:

*Monitors For Sale - MorphMarket Europe - MorphMarket
*Burmese Pythons For Sale - MorphMarket Europe - MorphMarket

When did you first notice it?: Right now

Steps to reproduce the problem?:

Is this happening on the website, app or both?: I only use the Website

If its happening on the app, please tell us what version number you have installed:

Additional notes:

About your device

Device brand:

Device model:

Browser name: Chrome

Browser version:

Screenshots

Please add as many screenshots as possible that could help explain what you are experiencing.

5 Likes

So I just noticed that actually, for some animals it’s the same currency?

The British Ball Butter Blackhead Chocolate Poss Het Lav Ball Python by Classic Royal Morphs - MorphMarket
The Italian Ball Black Pastel 50% Het Clown Ball Python by Baia Snake - MorphMarket

2 Likes

Shipping prices are listed in the currency of the country of origin of the Breeder/animal for sale. I don’t think this is a glitch but @eaglereptiles can confirm. My guess is it’s listed in local currency because shipping outside of the area could cost more, thus it is a base price and you need to inquire to get a quote in something like Euros.

4 Likes

Agreed with @noodlehaus. As a seller, you aren’t putting in shipping cost to export an animal, as that could be a case by case scenario (unsure, never exported), while the usual sale is within your own country.

3 Likes

Yeah, it being in the local currency does make sense. I totally missed that it’s the local currency since I tend to forget that (what feels like) 90% of sellers in Europe are UK based :see_no_evil:

(and yes there is a tiny country flag but sometimes I’m an idiot)

4 Likes

Definitely not an idiot!
It’s somewhat of a newer change, so it’s easy to miss if you aren’t thinking of it.

3 Likes

Nah, not an idiot, it can be confusing when you click “Europe” and everything’s in GBP. I do think it would be advisable for MM to put a note that prices are in local currency at the top of a page when searching an area that encompasses multiple countries.

3 Likes

At some point there was an option that prices were converted to a currency of your choosing. I assumed that it would also work on the shipping price when I noticed it was added.

On that note, maybe a thought to have to labels for domestic and international shipping? where sellers can also outright say “nope not gonna ship there”?
Shipping certain species within the EU can be a hassle already and I can imagine some UK sellers just noping out of shipping to the EU.

3 Likes

I agree that this is a solid idea, it technically already exists (sort of?) but the search makes it seem like it doesn’t. I just searched Europe animals and found that some of the UK breeders listed only exported to certain countries, as listed on their individual store page. This means that anyone in Europe wanting to make sure that the animals listed could actually be purchased/shipped to them would have to then use the “Exporting to” option in the sidebar.

Hey @eaglereptiles, what’s the chance this can be done? I find it rather odd that the default here is,
Perhaps there needs to be, for the categories covering multiple countries, an input for the country of the potential buyer. Anyone new or unfamiliar with the system isn’t going to know they have to change this setting to be sure they’re seeing what’s available to them. Also “Exporting to all” shows anyone who exports, it doesn’t show if they only export to certain countries and therefore shows as available unless you change the option.

2 Likes

Jess is correct here… as always :wink:

This is still an option.

You want to head over to your User Profile settings from the menu:

And then tap “More Settings”

Then head down to “Display Currency” and select the one you wish to see on listings.

But this will not effect shipping prices.

Sorry I am not following this part on a quick skim.

3 Likes

Basically, the results show every breeder that exports, regardless of whether or not they export to all countries or just specific ones. What’s the chance that it can be changed so that the search takes user location into account, or a note placed saying to show specific animals, you must change the “exporting to” option? New/unfamiliar users aren’t going to necessarily realize the animals they’re being shown might not be available to them.

3 Likes

Oh yeah that makes sense.

I am going to work on a “Searching Like a Pro” guide that will give everyone all the details of each feature :wink:

But I do like the idea of it being a default to a buyers region.

4 Likes

This is why you’re amazing, Thomas! Love it.

3 Likes