Animal Management for Everyone

BIG news for all MorphMarket users, and we are sharing it first here on the MRC!

As you know, MorphMarket is not just for buying and selling anymore. We are now a platform with many services for the reptile industry. Just this past year we added the Morphpedia trait knowledge base and an Events system with hundreds of industry events.

We have also extended our platform’s ability with Animal Management for an entire collection and not just animals for sale. You can record details like traits, photos, date of birth and private notes and dozens of other fields. Most recently, we’ve added the ability to record Offspring Groups to track the lineage of all your clutches and litters. Other new features include the Dashboard and powerful Import & Export capabilities.

We are excited to announce that these pro Animal Management capabilities are now available to all of our users. As of today, you can now manage up to 50 animals for FREE and without setting up a Store account. Non-store accounts can even have animals set to For Sale, which might be advertised elsewhere, so long as they are set to private or unlisted. These animals can also be easily converted into public listings in the future.

We will continue adding features to the NFS system in the near future such as Labels to organize your animals in custom groups and Animal Transfer to easily add purchased animals into your collection.

Rest assured there will be plenty of benefits for our members who are on paid plans that support our site and keep it improving; however, all animal lovers and aspiring breeders can begin benefitting from these tools today. You will find an “Animals” link in the header on the website and in the menu. Check it out and let us know what you think, and of course if you encounter any problems!

12 Likes

Love it!! I’ve been playing around with some of the features adding my collection/offspring groups, and the ability to switch around animals from my collection to a sales ad is awesome!

5 Likes

I really do appreciate the MorphMarket Team and the MorphMarket Community. Better and better!

4 Likes

Yay! I’m excited to add the rest of my animals to my collection. Thanks for all the hard work you guys do!

5 Likes

I’d love to see everyones collection when they have set it up!

@chesterhf @lumpy @erie-herps I nominate yous to kick us off, we wanna see what you guys have added!

3 Likes

Nothing super crazy, just my little snake family.

However under “price” I may have listed several of them as being worth $1,000,000 :joy:

4 Likes

I had a little bit of time to play around with it a little bit. I don’t have much done but once I have a few more things done today I’ll try to work on it a bit more.

1 Like

Quick question, how does someone find/view our animals that are not for sale? I thought it would have been linked to the store page.

2 Likes

It’s on the store page at the very bottom under Collection. If they aren’t made public you won’t be able to see them.

2 Likes

Hmm, mine doesn’t show up. I checked out Caryl’s as a test and I can see hers. Maybe because I don’t have a paid membership?

1 Like

There you go Thomas!!!

That’s all I have. I hope to have around four or five by the end of the year :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

3 Likes

On the animal pages themselves, where you set it up, be sure the visibility is set to public and not private.

Are they set to public, even if they’re NFS?

3 Likes

Yup, I double checked, they’re all public.

3 Likes

I can’t seem to find it. I’m probably overlooking it somewhere.

“You will find an “Animals” link in the header on the website and in the menu.”

Landscape/desktop

Portrait/mobile

2 Likes

Yep, this is to combat users circumventing membership limits with NFS animals.

Free sellers can only have NFS animals privately.
Basic members can list adults as NFS + public. (3 shown on store gallery)
Standard can list Subadults as NFS + public.(6 shown on store gallery)
Premium and Pro can list all NFS + public.(9 and 12 shown on store gallery, respectively)

morphmarket.com/pricing

1 Like

I think i got it i added one. There should be an option to choose multiple items for diet

2 Likes

Add you some danger lobsters :joy: :joy: :joy:.

2 Likes

While there are limits on what other users surfing MorphMarket will find among your Collection as @eaglereptiles explained above, we are about to implement a new features so that if you SHARE a link to your collection, everything will be visible. This way, we won’t be helping anyone sell their NFS animals on MM, but if they want to share the links and do their own marketing that is fine.

6 Likes