Animal Plastic PVC RACK Tubs

Just got A Used Animal Plastics 6 level multi rack that takes the 570 22-1/2" x 14-3/4" x 5-3/8" and 375 tubs 9 3/4 x 14 3/8 x 5 5/16 tubs looking to see if anyone else has used any other tubs then the boot box flimsy tubs. or have used the FB20 tubs they will fit but are only 5" tall and rack is 5.5" so would leave a 1/2" gap just wondering if that would be too big of a gap that a 800+ snake could squeeze out of or not. or any other tubs you know fit good

You definitely don’t want to use the tubs with a large gap. Besides escapes you could end up with a snake that kills itself getting stuck.

2 Likes

that was my biggest worry would like to have been able to use the fb or ars tubs but looks like I am stuck with either the bootbox 570’s or the vision v35 both but this will most likely just be a quarantine rack here shortly anyways

1 Like

One solution is to reduce the gap.
I have done this with cheep plastic self adhesive floor tiles. The tile ends where the heat mat starts.
(I had an old rack that was built for tubs that I cant get now)
Its also good to lift the tubs a little over the heat mat at the back so it does not bang them and damage them when you pull the tubs in and out.
Actually, its the prefered way I like to build racks for the heat mat protection reasons.
A little aluminium tape from the heat mat to the plastic floor tiles also helps a genital transition between the tile and heat mat as well as improving a more gradual thermal gradient.

3 Likes