Another unfortunate leopard gecko issue

Honestly, many of my geckos are missing parts of toes. :see_no_evil: Though they’re presumably a lot older than your new baby, they’re examples of how it’s hard to completely avoid when you have a lot of geckos. Though it may be an issue with the breeder’s husbandry, every now and again it happens- you just miss the little bit of skin on the toes after a shed.

The breeder definitely should have told you and made sure you were ok with it, but in this instance I can understand that they may not have even noticed. Maybe they were blinded by the brilliance of that gorgeous tail! :star_struck: If they keep their animals on white or off-white substrate (e.g. paper towels, tub liners), the bit of skin on the toe would have been harder to spot, as stuck shed on the toes is usually white-ish.

Regardless, your new wee one should go on to thrive just fine. Don’t want you to worry about him. :blush: But if you’re concerned, you can add extra layers of substrate to provide a bit more cushion. His toes look healed, but I know a bit of cushion can sometimes make declawed cats more comfortable, so I imagine the same principle would apply to leos that have lost toe tips.

4 Likes

Right! That’s pretty dang cool!!

2 Likes

Yeah I was just kind of put off by the nonchalant response. I know toes are apt to be missing for leos and it’s not going to really affect him, but with all that’s happened before some attention should’ve been had. (Especially with the price point…) I’m tired of this breeder and I’m sure they’re tired of me at this point. I’m hoping this gecko will be perfectly healthy and all the bad can be put behind me.

4 Likes

Is this another Leo or same one this thread was made about?

Looks like it was a replacement to the one that the thread was made about.

1 Like