Any ideas what morphs?

Hello I am thinking of bringing these geckos home but the person I am picking them up from does not know what the genetics are. I have plans on breeding them and just wanted a good idea what they could possibly produce. Does anyone have a good guess what they could be or have?

This is the one of the females (I was told she is het for eclipse) -

This is one of the females -

This is another female -

This is the male -

This one is another male (he is pretty long too) -

1 Like

I wouldn’t count on the first being het for eclipse until you prove it out yourself. It’s unusual that they don’t know any genetics except a non-visual het. I wouldn’t recommend buying them to breed since there isn’t anything super special about them (they wouldn’t produce very desirable geckos) and you don’t know the lines on the first one. If you want to breed I would recommend making a plan and goal and investing in quality breeders.

1. Super snow albino (I’m not positive and it shouldn’t be bred since you don’t know the line of snow or albino)
  2. Super hypo
  3. Tangerine
  4. Super hypo baldy
  5. Super hypo tangerine carrot tail baldy (SHTCTB)
4 Likes

First looks like albino murphy patternless, probly a product of making raptors, best way to find out is breed em out.

2.Super hypo
3. Maybe a tangerine
4. Super hypo tangerine?

Not a huge expert, but… I tried, sorry.

Thank you guys so much for the help. I plan on getting a couple to breed and see what I can make. I have a super Mack snow eclipse that I want to bring to the first girl and prove out her eclipse.

That is great! I can’t wait to see what you produce.

Thanks I’m super excited to get them. I produced this little one a couple months ago.

I did have any other questions but is there any genetics that are fatal with the leopard geckos?

1 Like

You can read this thread for morph issues when breeding.

3 Likes

Awesome thank you

1 Like

Really good link @spottedbull!

1 Like

An albino murphy’s patternless would be patternless (yellow with a white tail). There’s obvious patterning on this gecko so I doubt that it’s an albino murphy’s patternless. Test breeding isn’t a good idea most of the time since for every gecko that you find the genetics on you create 10 more geckos to an already full market. If the breeder is willing to keep all of the babies (if they don’t sell) that’s okay but for most breeders this isn’t a good idea.

I strongly advise you not to do this. I don’t know if you know this or not so I’ll explain it anyways. There are different lines of snow (mack, gem, and tug) and albino (tremper, bell, and rainwater). Breeding geckos that have unknown lines is very unethical since it pollutes bloodlines and people that buy them might not get what they want in a pairing (eg. a tremper albino x het bell albino won’t result in any visual albinos). This is because different lines are not compatible. For me personally I won’t buy geckos that have lines of morphs that are different from what I already have. This just gives me freedom to breed any geckos to each other and not having to specifically avoid mixing lines while pairing. That means that all geckos you produce won’t be desirable and will be pet-only and hard to sell. If you want to breed leopard geckos and produce offspring that can be sold I highly recommend investing in quality geckos to breed.

5 Likes

Thanks for the feedback I am not aiming to produce super high end geckos and know that I will not be able to get much because I do not have their genetics but I would still love to breed some of them.

1 Like

Keep in mind that you don’t need to incubate all of the eggs. If you’re only trying to prove out a het with a visual you can prove or not prove it with 4-5 eggs. This is something that I wish I knew (my first pairing only produced double hets, I wouldn’t do it again but luckily I didn’t get a lot of eggs). When working with any animals don’t hatch anything you aren’t prepared to keep if it doesn’t sell.

3 Likes