Any one else here keep Antaresia?

Hi, all I recently got a spotted python and was wondering if anyone else here keeps them or any of the other anteresia species(childrens,I think there’s more but I can’t think of them lol)

1 Like

I have a group of childrens 2.4

2 Likes

they are such cool animals I don’t know about childrens as I’ve never looked into them but it really sucks that no one has done more morph work and then even if one is found in the wild it can’t be brought out of Australia if I remember correctly

1 Like

I have a 1.2 of Stimson’s Python.

4 Likes

I don’t work with pythons anymore, but when I did I really wanted to get ahold of some Cape York Spotted, Stimson’s and Pygmy Pythons. Maybe Children’s too if they were really red. If I ever get back until pythons Antaresia would be at the top of my list because of their size.

4 Likes

I am getting a pair of children’s pythons in the next few years lol :joy:

2 Likes

I have 1.1 Stimson’s! So Children’s since they’re the same thing, Stimson’s are just a variant. I absolutely love them

3 Likes

I have an adult spotted python (Jadzia Dax) of unknown age as i got her as an adult! I have had her for over five years now and she is great! Very curious and bold for her small size (being about 3.5ft) while also being very personable.

2 Likes

Nice do you have any pics of her I haven’t been able to find any good pics of and adult it’s amazing how small they are mine is about 9 months and she’s still about 20g I can’t wait for her to get big so I can make her a nice large custom enclosure

1 Like

Ms. Jadzia Dax!

4 Likes

5 Likes

Children’s pythons are so cool, can’t wait to get some lol :joy:

2 Likes

Its a purple python!!
The pic does really no justice to how purple she looks in person while in shed right now!

4 Likes

We have 0.3 Spotted (2 granites), 1.1 Children’s, 0.1 Stimson’s, and 1.0 Pygmy. We only have 2 other snakes besides them, so you could say we like Ants.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @elizabethgrvy ! Sounds like you have some amazing snakes!

:snake:

1 Like

There are soooo many cool mutations for most of the Anteresia group but very, very few outside of Australia.
Check out Peter Birch and feast your eyes on the fantastic mutations most of us will never get to work with!

Morphs / variations – Colourful Critters

2 Likes

We have a pair of Stimson’s Pythons. Their first clutch is in the incubator. I also recently picked up a pair of het T+ Albino Children’s Pythons. The T+ Albino gene is still very rare in the US.

1 Like

Very cool. I have just seen T+ childreni for the first time this season in the UK…

1 Like

My animals are descended from UK-bred animals produced and exported by Paul Harris.

1 Like

I wondered if that may be the case. I had seen Nick was working with T+ so presumed Paul was somewhere in the supply chain :slight_smile:

1 Like