Any opinion what would be cool or good with?

What would be good pairing for Male vanilla super stripe ? I want to do something different then anyone have . Any help or opinions?

1 Like

Welcome to the MorphMarket community! Since you have a nice bright snake already. (Yellow belly, Spector, vanilla) I would not add another vanilla or fire, I would go the opposite and do something like cinnamon or black pastel. Then add leopard, spotnose. Or maybe even leopard and a bel complex such as lesser, phantom something to add pattern to it. That’s how I would go. Unless you wanted to breed for the long game by adding recessive genes. If so I would do enhancer or clown! The best thing about ball pythons are the options you got to work with, everybody likes different looks. Make sure you do what looks good to you and have fun! Once again welcome!:snake:

3 Likes

Lace is a great gene that doesn’t have a lot of mileage on it yet. Any Lace combo would pair well with that male.

3 Likes

Super stripe and ivory eats up all these suggestions. Your not going to see there influence really much in super stripe or ivory.Since you only pass on yellowbelly or Spector and not both I would personally include Spector so you get more super stripes. I would try for vanilla Spector then you can make double supers. Or I would do leopard yellowbelly which forces a pattern in ivory. Me personally would try and make more ivories or super stripes. If you don’t want to make those then all these suggestions are fine if YOU like the combos.

Super stripe is brown and not bright at all without pastel. Vanilla will just lighten the brown so this snake won’t be bright at all.

3 Likes

Hello Everyone !! I want to thanks for all the idea . I also want to let you know that I am Hard Of Hearing . I will try my best type the the right or understand conversation . I was just thinking about making more ivory because I really like that white or like pied for example or have Female GHI Black Pastel to breed with . I also really like high quality color like when snake get older the color don’t fade away. what female I need to make super pastel. I would need Female Leopard YB to make more Ivories ??

Will have to look into the Lace Ball Python . I have not heard Lace before .

1 Like

For ivory you just need 2 yellow belly genes.(super form of yellow belly) So your super stripe already has 1 yellow belly, you just need to breed something that has at least 1 yellow belly gene as well for a chance to produce ivory’s. Now if you really want ivory’s you can breed it with a ivory already that way no matter what it will pass on the yellow belly gene, making your odds go up on producing even more ivory’s in the clutch. Check out the morphpedia, it has tons of info on most morphs in ball pythons, that way you can see what you like and start understanding which genes are related to which. Example yellow belly complex, blue eyed luecistic complex ect. Hope this helps have a good one!

2 Likes

That’s so awesome and very helpful. Thanks so much for the information. What you think I should do ?

What happen when snake is double super ? Will it make more brighter color ?
I probably most likely try make more Ivories and Super Stripes . To make more of that . What kind of Female I need to make more Ivories and Super Stripe ?

Means all it’s babies would carry the single form gene of both the yellowbelly complex gene and black eyed Lucy complex gene (vanilla) superstripe is yellowbelly specter. Super stripe paired to superstripe would give you ivories,super stripes, and super Spector. Super vanilla would be lighter as opposed to brighter if that makes sense.

2 Likes

That make so much sense . thanks so much !! I am so Excited to see how babies turn out and how you can do with ball pythons . I was doing with WitBlit pos zero , Translution and high quality Beared Dragon and now i want to take break from that and start with Ball Pythons

I have this female approve bling YB so I am able to get more super stripe and ivory !! She going through shedding right now and will take another pick after she done .

It looks like she is having a bit of trouble shedding, I would reccomend replacing that carpet she’s on with an appropriate substrate (such as coconut husk). Reptile carpet is not only bad at maintaining humidity, but also hold onto bacteria as it’s impossible to fully clean and sterilize

6 Likes

I agree. I just pick her up like that and she is in nice coconut dirt soil and with good temp and humidity. That was just temporarily while I’m cleaning the other tank

2 Likes

pair it with a leopard yellow belly, stand back when those eggs open it will be hot.

2 Likes

What will happen if I do that. Will it come out more ivory and leopard mix ? Like pattern ivory almost like pied ?

Use the calculator, great looking combos. leopard super stripes, leopard ivories are a couple of beautiful and profitable outcomes. Leopard, yellow bellies can be had for cheap money. Hope this helps, good luck with all your projects.

2 Likes