Any rescue in Central il..consider helping please

Yeah, if I could, I’d take in every neglected and abused animal I come across…but I just can’t. Sometimes I have to remind myself that I wouldn’t be doing those animals any favours by taking them in when I’m not equipped to give them the care they need. Adding myself to the list of humans who have failed them wouldn’t do anybody any good. But it’s hard, because I really do wish I could save them all myself, but I know I can’t.

2 Likes

Well…Mac is doing way better…so the goal of our rescue efforts were desently successful…but he was just way to bad…always gonna have problems now. Its hard to find obes like him forever homes…we actually have to say no to people who …for instance have No leopard experience. He is Special Needs

1 Like

He definitely was not taken in & given the care he has been receiving … go completely backwards

1 Like

Kinda off topic, but look into how PETA was formed. They would hate us all, they don’t think animals and humans should basically interact at all, let alone captivity. Tho it seems guided more towards not liking animals sometimes, it’s very strange and ideological. But their dishonest formation makes it make more sense.

They don’t love animals much of the time - they just hate people.

As for that poor but adorable Leo, I actually have one I bought at a show not realizing it had small deformities. Wasn’t neglect, seems to be from birth. With supplementation and good food, UVB etc she has grown and the minor spine deformities don’t bother her at all.

I think this little ones prognosis is good in that regard. I’m in East Iowa and would take him in a heart beat but if it really takes round the clock care I work full time and have other animals. But if I can help, I would be more than happy too!

1 Like

He has gotten better with the round the clock care… when my friend took him…his toes were rotting…one of his eyes wouldn’t open. He was being soaked twice a day… & being fed appetite stimulate & his eyes were being treated with Muro. Now his big thing is trying to get him to put on more weight. He has problems catching any bugs. Being tong fed everyday/ every other.

1 Like

Hey there! I’m in Peru, Illinois. I have kept leos for years and would be willing to give him his forever home if still in need. Poor baby.

6 Likes

:face_holding_back_tears: :smiling_face_with_tear: :face_holding_back_tears:

Dude that is so wonderful of you! I have several special needs geckos, and I can confirm that it’s a very rewarding experience to have a special little buddy that needs extra TLC.

Happy Young And Restless GIF by CBS

I’ve been insanely busy, so I apologize for not chiming in on this conversation sooner.

3 Likes

Thanks that is amazing!! We will definitely keep that in mind. We may have got him a home now!! My friend runs the Pet store in town & one of her ex employees we all know reached out & it looks like he may have is forever home!! Here is hoping. Thanks soooo much for reaching out!! This place is full of great people!!!

2 Likes

Im sooo happy for Mac!! He has 2 great homes then lined out sounds like!! He will get to be a forever pet!

1 Like

That’s great news! What a sweet little gecko! :heart:

3 Likes

Congrats!!! Keep us in the loop, I’ve been checking back hoping the lil dood got a place to sleep and be tong fed :slight_smile: (Honestly I tong feed my Leo just cuz much of the time lol)

2 Likes