Any tips what can i breed those with?

Want to make some buety babys but not sure what i want to make yet. Holding spiders and reptiles already for 6 years and time to make my own kids :slight_smile:
I hearnd it is very important what morph the dad is couse dads visual is most typical to be seen on the kids.
Any tips what i can make with those girls?

1 Like

Sorry for bad pics, will make some better tomorrow.

1 Like

We need more info to go on.
All I see is a normal and a hypo albino. No context about anything, even the type of albino involved. Are they het for something? What were they sold to you as? What project do you want to work towards with these geckos?

There’s a lot of consideration to do before just pairing some pretty geckos together. You could just end up with pet quality ones that can be hard to sell if you don’t do the research first

Edit: also genetics is more than the genes dad has. That’s not how they work. Both parent’s genes are important in knowing what the baby will be carrying.
For example:

• if dad is an albino, you won’t end up with albino offspring if mom isn’t carrying an albino gene of the same type
  • if mom is a snow and dad isn’t, you can still have snow offspring.
5 Likes

Hi,
Forgot to add

rainwater albino
poss het rainwater albino

Not sure what i can make with those, so just asking for some nice looking beginner projects

You would definitely want to make sure your male is rainwater albino. That way even if the possible het doesn’t prove out, 100% of the babies will be het for albino.

This is a good beginner level project. There isn’t a lot you can do to increase the value of this project without time or a very expensive male and even then, it’s iffy. The easiest way to make it a bit more interesting is finding a male with multiple visual recessives like eclipse, blizzard or patternless. You can also go with something like a super snow so all the offspring are single gene snows. But again. Visual rainwater is your best bet for starting on the male search.

Anything like tangerine, Blood or Dark Night are line bred traits. So even if you find a very high quality male, you’re diluting the quality of the line by breeding it to animals without a high quality themselves. So recessive would be where I keep this project.

Just keep in mind that the leopard gecko market is oversaturated, so finding homes for the offspring can take a bit. Especially when starting with a simple albino project.

1 Like

Are there redstripe rainwater albinos able to find? Would be nice to see the stripe on the spine.

Redstripe like tang and blood is polygenic. By breeding them to your geckos you could end up with a few that look redstripe, but they won’t likely be close to the quality that dad is because you are diluting the genetics.

Polygenic traits are typically linebred. You breed the best to the best and hope for a better looking offspring. When you dilute the bloodline to get some fresh blood and avoid too much inbreeding, you need to pick the best looking offspring and keep working it again. It’s a time intensive project and not as easy as recessive breeding.

And if the offspring you produce would be ‘redstripe crosses’

Tysm for help!

1 Like

So basically it isn’t worth to buy a red stripe/bald stripe rainwater albino male?

If that’s what you want, then do it.
Just remember that you may not end up with redstripe or bold stripe rainwaters from the pairing. It’s all just up to luck at that point.

1 Like

What about jungle pattern? How do i do that?

Stripe is considered a jungle pattern. Jungle patterns are pretty much any aberrant pattern or non standard banded pattern. They’re a line bred/polygenic trait.