Anyone know the morph

curious on the morphs of these two boys, they were given to me. also which would be better to breed with my normal female

2 Likes

I’m not going to much be much help with the morphs, but I do have a bit of advice about what to breed. The ball python market is supersaturated, so unless you have something really spectacular or brand new, it’s going to be really hard to sell the babies, And while I don’t know exactly what morphs your new boys are (Though the second kind of looks Banana to me) the babies they would produce with a normal female probably are not going to stand out.
That being said, if you want to try it, and you either have people lined up who want a baby, or want to keep the little ones, then by all means, you can do that. It just wouldn’t be recommended, because you’ll likely find it hard to rehome them.

7 Likes

Those are gorgeous snakes! The first one I’m a little lost with, but it seems to look similar to a vanilla pastel or a vanilla pewter. The second seems to be a normal banana or coral glow to me. I don’t suggest that you breed them, because the ball python market is very over saturated at the moment and finding homes for the babies are going to be extremely difficult unless it’s something new and crazy like a sunset or monsoon. You can still breed if you want, but there are already so many ball pythons out there and we don’t necessarily need more. An animal doesn’t have to be bred to be enjoyed. However, you may do as you like.

2 Likes

The first one does kind of look like a low quality vanilla pewter the second a banana/coral glow something.

Some thoughts:

1. You shouldn’t breed anything you can’t personally identify and be an expert on. Any animal you plan to use for breeding you should know inside and out, and be able to answer or identify anything about that snake, as well as being able to appropriately ID and sex the hatchlings. Presumably you would end up selling or rehoming the hatchlings, which means you should be able to confidently and competently be able to sell and market them as someone who knows what they’re doing.

2. Don’t breed a normal. All you’re going to do is produce even lower value,single morph hatchlings (or more normals, which are pretty much being given away). The oversaturation in the market has already been mentioned and is not to be taken lightly.

If you really want a breeding project, I’d do some reasearch into what projects/combos you like and what’s selling, and come up with plan. Then buy the highest quality examples of the morphs you want to work with and build your project based on them. Quality in = quality out, don’t just throw together low quality snakes that you were given

3 Likes