Anyone working with Pangea XXX line?

No, that’s why I don’t really want to claim it as proof lol. I did say that I had a Pangea xxx female sent pic, then a Pangea xxx male, sent pic.

But didn’t straight ask. But I’m not trying to get caught up on semantics either lmao

either way I’m excited to see these babies!

He is a bit dark compared to her, idk what it is about her color contrast but I’m hoping to produce closer to her color with the guy I bought from altitude exotics

I think the guy we are talking about, the darker one, is probably going to darken up the babies in these clutches?

The Xxx line is confusing haha.
They all just look like extremes, I mean which they are… But to then make a new ‘line’ is what’s confusing… But then again here in the uk it may be different as I know the us call some Cresties different names or will add colours in etc. Just they look exactly the same to all ours here is all, like my ones. But they’re not from Pangea directly.
Like the ‘bubblegum line’ I was speaking to ac about. He called it that as the pink stayed in his tangerines to adult hood.
We hatched one with some pink here few days ago. If it stays we technically have the same. But wouldn’t call it bubble gum as it’s not directly from him. But the same mutations can happen all over we just don’t make new lines unless it’s a new mutation like the axanthic or the melanistic that’s recently been added.
Confusing stuff! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

You’ll get a mixture, and depending on their parents, grand parents etc you may get some surprises in the mix too!

2 Likes

Right?? If you look at the back lower like 1/2 or so of the dorsal, the side coloring reaches all the way through to the other side and makes those saddle looking marks, I think that exaggeration, it leaking completely through the dorsal and making the visual saddles is really the only difference from a normal extreme harlequin.

But, I have seen some extreme gene stuff that does the same, so, I understand what you are saying about different names but the same phenotype.

And pink spots or the gecko itself was pink???

So, they are like legitimately, the scientific definition of polymorphic. So these “surprises” after a few generations, if I take good notes, I should be able to track what all phenotypes and traits my lizards have???

Yeah,
For example I had my tangerine super Dalmatian paired to my tricolour. But I also got out tigers, brindles, etc. So somewhere down the line either of the parents must have those morphs somewhere in their lines which decided to show within the babies.
We call them all kinder surprises here :joy:
My tangerine is now with another male, and my tri with with a couple other females. So if any appear I’ll know which parents has the morph in their lines now!

2 Likes

I love that you call it that, I’m so using that term too when I breed my Cresties, if that’s okay?

It’s so awesome to be able to work out possible offspring

1 Like

Haha totally fine by me!
I can’t wait for yours to breed, tell them to hurry ok :joy:

2 Likes

I’m really trying but both females are gaining like 0.2 grams each month and both have gone off insects, I’m pulling my hair out as it’s so frustrating. I don’t understand as the rest are doing okay!

I have 2 females that will be 2 next year and are super awesome eaters so hopefully at least they might breed next year🤞

2 Likes

Oh the buggers :woman_facepalming:t2:
What insects you using?:thinking:

1 Like

I’ve tried Dubia Roaches, locusts, Wax worms, Wax moths, crickets, Calci worms.

One of them will only eat 1 insect a week at the most :sob:

I’m hoping to buy pangea figs & insects to see if that helps and I’m hoping to mush up some insects and put it in the CGD to see if they eat it in there

1 Like

Oh blimey they really are being a pain for you! Silk worms?
Do you use Pangea growth and breeding one? I use that and mix with the fig and insects!

1 Like

I haven’t tried silk worms. Yes I use the pangea growth and breeding. I even offer different flavour CGD, Repashy mixes too. They are just being a pain :frowning_face:

3 Likes

None of my geckos will eat live insects either, but I had great success with the Rapeshy bug and insect, and then I mix it with Pangea growth and breeder formula and they are all gaining steady weight. One is almost a little too chunk from pounding that mixture on the regualr.

I’ve not tried silkworms @ghoulishcresties suggested though, so I might give them a try.

3 Likes

I’ve not tried silkworms but only because I’ve read mixed reviews.

They appear to be awkward to keep as well as slightly expensive (not too fussed on price) and hard to get ahold of. I’ve read that Cresties tend not to like them and they can be hard to digest so shouldn’t be used for young Cresties.

Like I said I haven’t tried these with my Cresties, so I don’t know. Can anyone shed some light on this please?

1 Like