Anyone working with Pangea XXX line?

Hey there, so, I am kind of new to this in general but I have done quite a bit of research. My first pairing is a female Pangea xxx to another, darker based, Pangea xxx(which I don’t own). I just purchased a Pangea XXX male from Altitude exotics(he comes in Tuesday and I will have more pics) to mate to her next season. This new guy’s colors and base are a lot more similar, as is the clarity of their patterning.

The new guy is furred, my female is not. I’m not sure if that makes a difference, though, I have another furred and have looked at pictures of them online and I think it might visually affect the frills on the head crest, but I am not sure. My OCD makes me lean towards a, very slight, but visual difference. If anyone has any clarity on that, it would be greatly appreciated.

So, I am not 100 percent sure on what I am looking to ask. Does anyone have any rough ratios of how many offspring will pop with the visual xxx patterning? Does the xxx gene(this new guy also has altitude exotics extreme gene line mixed in) cause cleaner patterned harlequin and extreme harlequin offspring?

I’m also curious why I don’t see many of these? Or people working with them? On Facebook groups(which I know aren’t a very good or mentally healthy to turn to for info) most people were not even aware what I am asking about.

Any insight or just general info will be greatly appreciated! I’m brand new here but super excited to be part of this community!!!
177692279_910489919792702_3250876400515189036_n(1)

5 Likes

I’ve never even heard of it before. What does this morph do, does it cause certain colors or contrast (I just did some research and it looks like it causes vertical stripes on the upper lateral)? If you’re pairing two visuals to each other then all of the offspring should be visual (I’m assuming it’s polymorphic). I’m assuming the main reason why it’s not common is because it is new. If something is new and unestablished then it will take a while for most people to buy into it and breed it. I can’t wait to see how this will turn out. I’m curious about the thoughts of @ghoulishcresties and @foxreptile.

2 Likes

So Pangea did a genetic breakdown vid on it. Basically, it is such an extreme and clean form of extreme harlequin that the side color goes up into the dorsal, causing what looks like saddles. Aside from that one video and a forum post I found through google somehow, thats all the info I was really able to ascertain.

3 Likes

I think your best to contact Pangea, if you can. I believe they named the trait and they hadn’t sold many so it’s relatively new. I don’t think it’s reached the UK yet (where I am)

However I believe XXX line isn’t furry related, just an extra trait and shouldn’t affect your offspring from recovering the XXX Line.

I agree with @theospets the XXX Line are such extreme harlequins that the pattern connects to the dorsal and forms full saddles.

As for offspring, you would need to breed them for a few years before you could predict offspring and would depend on the genetics your Cresties carry.

After watching a YouTube video, I have found myself spending hours reading this website going into detail about genetics etc.

https://www.lmreptiles.com/foundation-genetics/

I will see if I can find the YouTube video to add later

3 Likes

Found it, not sure if it will help you but it’s really good to watch

3 Likes

Your Crestie looks like an extreme harlequin with Dal spots.
We have some Cresties here which are ‘clean’ but wouldn’t call them a new trait like the xxx Pangea has done as it happens. Basically patterning goes up and over, touches the top of the gecko, which I have here in some of mine but they’re not from the ‘xxx’ line, I even have babies from a couple new extreme pairings this year which are already going up and over also and very drippy which will join to make this pattern. They’re only a month old/ 2 weeks. I’ll add some images of the xxx line I found on another forum someone has. And also of a couple of mine that have the same trait but aren’t xxx.
Also it originated from extreme Halloween’s which makes sense as extreme Halloween’s usually look like this!
The furry trait also can be passed into offspring as we have a few here with it, from research mostly males get it for some reason! Which makes sense as it’s the males here with it.

3 Likes

If you want to add images of which you have that are furry also we can help you identify if they are or not! :blush:
As some look similar but aren’t if that makes sense at all to you.

And good luck with breeding, it’s extremely fun and I enjoy every minute of it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I’m hoping to one day breed something similar to the XXX Line, extremes are amazing But my extreme Crestie is still tiny so won’t be yet, plus he needs a lady friend :thinking:

3 Likes

Sorry, I hit my post limit last night lol.

Here are the two males I think are furred:

199399954_284578473347954_1511158535309389074_n

The second one I have coming in from Altitude Exotics on Tuesday, so I don’t have it in hand to take more pics, just the pics from the store on his site.

Here are the olives:

Chronos:

201215247_328000622107747_6566250513159058400_n

Persephone:

Hades:

199399954_284578473347954_1511158535309389074_n

2 Likes

Can I see a pic of your baby?

Well, I have 4 eggs in the incubator of pangea XXX pairing. I will show you the matches, I will be listing some of the babies once they hatch here soon.

So this is my female, Calypso:

She has red and black dal spots!

177692279_910489919792702_3250876400515189036_n(1)

She is currently gravid, paired to this XXX male. I do not own this male but I think the lady who does is interested in selling him if anyone is interested. This is the only pic of him that I have

I haven’t hatched any eggs yet, we are about 30 days into the first set.

I did however talk to the guy from Pangea, very briefly, sent him pictures of the pairing, and he gave me a little insight on what I could expect from this XXX pairing, and I am kind of excited for it.

Now, I have this guy coming from Altitude Exotics on Tuesday. He is going to be the male from my project. He is a Pangea XXX mixed with Extreme gene, and I think he is also furred. Their colors are a lot more similar so I’m hoping for some clean patterned babies with this pairing on her next season.

2 Likes

Yeah! I saw this video, and then some obscure post on a forum through a google search and that is really all I could find!

I’m going to try to comment on all these in one post, hopefully.

The male you are getting is amazing! They will produce some awesome offspring.

I’m not an expert with furry trait @ghoulishcresties should be able to clarify, she’s got a few and knows her stuff with furry trait.

Here is my opinion…
The furry/fuzzy trait will have similarly raised scales to a pinstripe but with a more sporadic arrangement along the dorsal & have thick spikey crests.
I’m not sure on the first cresite, I think it is possible, do you have any more pics of the crests?

I don’t think the Altitude Exotics crestie has the furry trait, or at least I can’t see it in the pics provided, maybe you will know more when he arrives.

The male your XXX girl was paired with by the previous owner doesn’t look XXX Line, but it could just be the angle of the pic taken. Would be great to see pics of the offspring when they are born? I love baby pics.

Are the olive cresties all fired up in the pictures?

Here is a pic of my crestie that does not have the furry / fuzzy trait but does have the sporadic arrangement along the dorsal

And here is a pic of my Extreme Harlequin / Tri crestie that I hope to someday mix with or to make something similar to the XXX Line but that is several years off unless I find him a lady as I’ve got a few other projects I’m hoping to work on.

3 Likes

I don’t think either are furry. This is one of our Furred Spike for an example. Crest spikes are longer than usually and thicker., even along dorsal.
Hope that helps!

5 Likes

It’s so much easier to explain when you have an example :laughing:

3 Likes

Ahhh okay I can see a difference.

TBH, thats why I hate facebook groups. When I first got into cresties a few months ago I did a lot of research on morphs and traits, but second guessing myself, I turned to FB groups for more info.

On that olive guy I thought was furry, people were arguing on the post about him and by the end of it more people were saying he was furred than wasn’t, but I was honestly more confused by the end of it than when I initially asked! lol

I also have him listed on here as furred for sale, I’m going to go change it now, hopefully people won’t think I was trying to scam them!!! :scream:

I’ll say this, don’t go on Facebook. A lot of people having problems on there from what I’ve been told by a friend :sweat_smile:
I don’t have any social media so I’m on here for the gecko people and genuinely enjoy it, people on here are actually helpful and will be 100% honest. Nice bunch I must say! :grin:
No don’t worry I’m sure people won’t think that! You didn’t know, we all learn!

3 Likes

That is a pretty little lizard :heart_eyes:

“The male your XXX girl was paired with by the previous owner doesn’t look XXX Line, but it could just be the angle of the pic taken. Would be great to see pics of the offspring when they are born? I love baby pics.”

See, I kind of thought the same, though I sent pics off to Pangea through instagram of both of them and he got back to me about them, hold up I will take a screen shot

I told him that I had two XXX lines bred together, and he didn’t correct me. Not that I’m claiming that as proof but it did make me feel better that he may be lol

We all make mistakes and we all learn so I wouldn’t worry, what’s important is you now know.

I agree, Facebook is terrible, I do not use social media. I’m on here because the people are honest, polite and helpful.

1 Like

I didn’t know that morph mart had a forum when I first signed up to be able to list some babies on here, but after these interactions this is definitely where I will be coming for info from now on!!!

The people on here also don’t seem anywhere as abrasive or toxic tbh either lol

1 Like

I am no expert, it just doesn’t look like it to me from the photo.

But with her having the XXX Line it might not matter as he is at least an extreme.

Did you ask if he thought the male was XXX Line?

2 Likes