AP Cages Wait Times

Hi guys, i know this yhread stopped like two years ago, but ive been thinking about ordering an ap rack and i was wondering if anyone knew of any recent lead times?

1 Like

Call and ask. They will be upfront about times.

In my experience, this is not accurate. When I made my order years ago I was quoted one lead time and by the time my order arrived it was three times longer than what they quoted me.

Nowā€¦ Maybe something has changed between then and now, but I will not be returning to them with the plethora of other cage builders out there that have proven more reliable

1 Like

I think that something must have changed because my two new ones (T8s) got here in a 11 days. And when I ordered Sherbetā€™s T8 it got here in about 2 1/2 weeks. But I 100% agree with you, their lead times can be very variable, and that is really inconvenient.

I got a single rack from them within the last 2 or 3 years and aside from the lead time (I got away easy with 3 months) the product and tubs themselves I reallyā€¦REALLY do not like. Itā€™s specific to a boot box tub from containerstore that has feet so I canā€™t just slide the tub back if I have a snake in one hand and need to close with the other. I have to lift the tub on both sides from the front to get it back and seated flush. I also canā€™t trust it with anything that isnā€™t a near adult sized bairdā€™s or corn because there is a sizable gap. I do work for BlackBox racks but objectively their products are way better on multiple fronts and usually only cost a little more, with lead times that are consistent and consistently short.

2 Likes

I ordered a quick ship a couple years ago and finally cancelled it after waiting for 6 months. They gave me attitude. I told them to stop lying. They donā€™t seem like they stopped. I imagine the amount of people that are annoyed with their lies helped drive their new policy of punishing the customer for their failures; 2.6% penalty if I cancel due to their inability to do what they say theyā€™ll do? Pass. And AP, yes that is your problem to eat, if you canā€™t deliver when you say you will. Good luck with that by the way, as most would initiate a chargeback and really hose you. I would. And Iā€™m thinking about ordering some just so they can lie to me so I can show them that, yes, I can get all my money back from you, regardless of your attempted scam.

Boaphile cages are weak and I have a crack the length of the front of the cage. Only on one cage. He was slow too. But the prices were better. And it is obvious why.

Iā€™m getting ready to drop some coin on Kages. Hoping it is worth it. AP isnā€™t. Boaphile isnā€™t. SOG seems to be similar in pricing to those but I havenā€™t seen much valid information about them. Customreptilehabitats seems decent as well butā€¦

Maybe CRH will be my next cage after Kages?

I never had a bad experience with AP cages. Ordered two cages about a month apart. Got both within two months. Only issue I had was the glass doors for one of the enclosures were shattered. They sent a new set and I received the following week. Now on both Facebook and Craigslist, AP enclosures are popping up all over for decent price. Mostly the older style.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never ordered from AP personally but I know people who have and they are some of the best enclosures Iā€™ve ever seen. The wait time was long but worth it IMO

2 Likes

This has been my personal experience with them and I now have 4 T8s and a T10. Getting one more T8 also :wink:.

2 Likes

A well built PVC cage looks the same regardless of the name on it. Frankly, I think my FocusCubed and BlackBox cages are superior to my AP cages. So much so that I am working toward replacing the seven AP cages I have

1 Like

I have no skin in the game, just from what Iā€™ve seen in person. The fit and finish, lock design, the fact they assemble the enclosure before sending it out and ease of assembly are all positives to me. That said I havent seen the other brands.

2 Likes