AP Cages Wait Times

Not sure if this is the place to post this but wanted to know if any of you like myself have been waiting on an order from AP for over 5 months? They say the purchased more machines and space to quicken lead times but they seem to actually have gotten slower. For years they have had long wait times but jeeze its ridiculous. Are they just managing the company wrong? I’d buy more often if it wasnt for the wait times.

1 Like

I waited an entire seven months for my T10 to come. You can read about my set up of it which was long overdue but very worth it.

3 Likes

Yes I’ve had this issue too. Last cage I ordered took 7 months :expressionless:. Unfortunately they are the only cages I use.
But now I just go to Tinley and buy them, saves on shipping and obviously their ridiculously long ship times. Hopefully Tinley will be on for this year.

3 Likes

Hey at least they are consistent :joy::joy:

4 Likes

I will say that I was told that they had a bad like supply of black PVC and then a plant that they were going to open got delayed because of Covid and then even the plant that they had opened to make PVC was only 50% working. They’re extremely responsive if you call them they’re wonderful company to work with and I would I would definitely order from them again just earlier than where I would expect I need the enclosure soon just because of Covid but no other reason. They are a fantastic company!

3 Likes

I agree. From a customer service standpoint they have always been helpful, but I still get frustrated with waiting for a cage for half a year that I already paid for.

2 Likes

Another leopard gecko breeder I know ordered a sweet display rack from AP. It looks amazing. It just took like 8 months. I have racks from 2 different companies. In my opinion AP better workmanship and quality so its worth the wait. If this breeding season is as good as I’m hoping, I will be buying 2 racks and the display case from them.

2 Likes

Jeeze 8 months for a rack lol Thats a test in patience for sure. I sent them an email to get status on order but no reply…Oh well gotta keep waiting on my 2 arboreal cages.

1 Like

Call them. There customer service on the phone is good. I had to call because I needed new tubs for my rack.

2 Likes

I second that. Calling is much more effective in my experience with AP over email.

2 Likes

Cool…I’ll give them a ring next week if I don’t see the cages shipped. My Emerald tree boa and ATB are waiting on their new homes.

1 Like

Yeah, it sucks pretty bad but it is what it is… I’m in need of a nice 36" setup for a Rosy Boa or Kingsnake (not sure which just yet) but the PVC cage eternal lead time epidemic seems to have impacted every builder out there. Already on AP’s list for a T12 that’s gonna take upwards of 36 weeks before I see it.

I use radiant heat panels and AP’s cage works perfect for them… A lot of these builders still seem to think we’re all still using bulbs for heat sources so it keeps me from even venturing into a different brand.

1 Like

I had to wait ten months. And when they finally did send my stuff, they used the EXACT same excuse, word for word, that they had used for a previous order that was also delayed (though not by as much)

2 Likes

Go read their lead times page and see if you can make any sense of it. Three different years mentioned… And they talk about May 2020 like it’s the future and will significantly impact lead times. LOL

36 weeks for a snake cage is ****ing ridiculous.

You ever purchase from them again just go to Tinley. You’d be back on the east coast with your cage before they ever even processed your order lol.

1 Like

Rosy boa man, all the way. Not trying to stray off topic but they are a very nice species to work with.

Yeah, man. They’re cool little snakes! This one here https://www.morphmarket.com/us/c/reptiles/boas/rosy-boas/671253 is amazing! Definitely going to be looking for something like that. I tend to like the more calico looking ones over the clear striped ones. But they’re all beautiful, honestly.

If you buy the quick ship products they come very quick for AP. Mine came in 3 weeks!

1 Like

I shall not be ordering from them again.

My “quick ship” took 16 weeks… :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :unamused:

3 Likes

Lol the difference…