AP Enclosure Question & Troubleshooting Flex Strip LED Lighting

Hey, just a quick question for anyone using an Animal Plastics enclosure with the recessed lighting, does anybody happen to know some specifics (voltage, polarity, etc) about the transformer (the plug) needed to power the light? If you have the same enclosure and light, a photo of the spec side of the transformer would be great, I need to find a couple secondhand or on Amazon or something that I can use, I’m missing mine for a couple of AP-4’s and I don’t hear back from AP very often, so it’s unlikely I’ll get them replaced by AP anytime soon. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Well, I got what is supposed to be both cords for both of my enclosures but my lights aren’t coming on? @lumpy @t_h_wyman Do you have the recessed lighting in your AP enclosures?

1 Like

I have had the lighting in all of my AP enclosures. Make sure that you’re using the right power block with the lights, the can be different brands and don’t work together.

That’s what I’m trying to determine here, but I need an example from someone, I feel like I was given the wrong cords/power block/transformer.

1 Like

They should have come in a small box? I personally would try to reach out to customer service.

1 Like

I did, I’m about a week and a half waiting on a reply. That’s why I was trying to find someone who can take a photo of their power block for me so I could find something proper quicker than they could send one out to me, and without the shipping or $20 cost to it.

1 Like

Ok, when I get home I can send you pictures of mine. I don’t have all the little boxes but I will take pictures of the blocks and what not. What do yours look like??

1 Like

Thank you, I appreciate it.

I did not get lighting with mine, I prefer different lights and the freedom to mount them how I want them positioned and not stuck with how the company puts them in.

I would suggest checking the connections and also see if there is a toggle or something that may need to be flipped

2 Likes

@t_h_wyman So, the transformers I was provided don’t quite match the connector on the light itself, it’s a slightly different diameter externally and the ergonomic patterns aren’t the same, which is another reason I don’t believe they’re the correct ones, and there isn’t a switch or anything to toggle on/off between the light and the transformer.

1 Like

I have the same transformer as you. It is definitely a different set of lights.

Actually, I called AP and talked about it in the last hour, it’s not the same. This set of transformers are 0.4 amp, the wattage for my enclosure requires at least 1.0 amp and higher for larger enclosures like yours, so the transformer is incorrect, it belongs to something smaller. I have replacements from Amazon that should work arriving tonight, I’ll let you know how it goes.

Alright, so. After making a small repair to the LED strip connector that was pulled apart, I tested the original transformers without any success, but! Thanks to Amazon and Same Day Delivery, I’ve got working lights in my enclosures!

1 Like

Much better. Now it should stay still.

1 Like