Arboreal Snakes!

Hey everyone! I have a 18 by 18 by 24 inch terrarium I wanted to put a critter in! I’m looking for a snake, or a fun gecko species (I already own cresteds and gargoyles and am looking for something new). Any ideas or recommendations? Thanks!

2 Likes

Rough or smooth green snakes would be a fun one. Flighty and not the best handlers but they stay small and they eat insects instead of rodents.

Arboreal snake wise, everything I can think of will outgrow that viv in a year or two. ATBs are a smaller tree snake start out shoelaces but most of my adults are 4-5’.

4 Likes

I am not sure that size enclosure would work for an arboreal snake (too small maybe?) but if you want something really different that size enclosure would be great for Trinidad Chevron tarantula. I have one and it is a gorgeous big T!

Hope you get lots of ideas @geckofriendly! :blush:

3 Likes

Hey thanks for both of your responses! I was looking at rough green snakes, but wasn’t set on them. And sadly tarantulas aren’t my thing…

3 Likes

lol! Well you did say something different! Lol! I wasn’t a tarantula person either until a few months ago when @spottedbull wore me down with all of his tarantula pics! lol!

It’s fun to have an empty enclosure and shop for a new animal to put in it! :blush:

3 Likes

Lol that’s true! Do u have any other ideas as well? :smile:

3 Likes

Are you leaning toward a type of snake? :thinking:

3 Likes

Any reptile but hopefully a snake!

3 Likes

Oh ok. We will see what others come up with but I will keep thinking :thinking: too………

3 Likes

Thanks so much! :smiling_face::face_holding_back_tears:

3 Likes

After lots of consideration of all the species I could get, I’m thinking I’ll end up getting some of those guys! Do you know anyone who breeds them? I don’t want to get a wild caught one!

2 Likes

If you go through the marketplace, you actually can see what ones are domestically produced versus wild caught/import.

3 Likes

I already checked and I couldn’t find any :sob:

2 Likes

Then you might be better off waiting until the beginning of the season :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Will do! Ha! Thanks so much for helping me out!

2 Likes

Woo hoo @geckofriendly! Keep checking and they will pop up sooner or later! I’m excited for you! :blush:

1 Like

Thanks so much!! :smiling_face: