Are my Eggs Bad?

Okay so this is my first attempt of breeding I have 12 days left before these eggs hatch and I started to seeing some deflation going on are my eggs is this supposed to happen or am I having my humidity wrong? My humidity at the moment is sitting at 98% with a internal temperature of 88.5 .

Looking for advice.

6 Likes

It is pretty normal for eggs to dimple up some before hatching if the humidity is lower, I’d avoid opening the tub that they’re in.

I’m not sure if they’ll plump back up, but if there’s babies in there they should still grow.

Others that have bred carpets can chime in, since I’m only used to breeding balls. You might be able to put some wet moss in the tub, or touching the eggs, to help bump up the moisture in there as well.

6 Likes

I just put a damped paper towel over them.
hopefully they swell back up a bit before the hatch day.

5 Likes

Best of luck with your eggs! I hope you end up with a bunch of healthy little babies! :snake::pray::+1:

2 Likes

I breed corns rather than carpets, but dimpled eggs are quote usual in the week or so before hatching. Such healthy dimpled eggs feel fifteenth than dehydrated eggs. If you touch them gently (of course with clean fingers), they will still be soft and flexible. The shells thin near hatching as the babies absorb minerals from the shells, so do be gentle. Eggs shrunken from dehydration become stiffer to the touch.

Best of luck with them! Hopefully you’ll soon have healthy pippies.

6 Likes

thanks, Yes they are still flexible and soft. So hopefully im safe lol

5 Likes

Sounds encouraging. Hopefully all is well.

2 Likes

That does sound good! Can’t wait to see some babies!

3 Likes

update i moved the eggs into vermiculite hopefully they soak up and swell back up some.

5 Likes

If they’re dimpled because they are near hatching, don’t be too surprised or concerned if they stay dimpled. That’s such a different thing from dimpling due to dehydration, and the eggs don’t necessarily re-plump.

7 Likes

I lost 1 egg. But the others started to pip.
Can we confirm this as a albino ? Lol

9 Likes

Oooooh! So exciting! I see pink but I have no morph knowledge! I just like baby pictures! :blush:

4 Likes

6 Likes

Giving a update. 7 out of the 9 eggs were good.
1 bad egg and 1 very deformed snake…
I walked away with 2 albinos 3 zebras 2 normals.

5 Likes

Well congratulations on your newborn! The one you are holding is very pretty! Too bad the other two eggs didn’t produce. Thank you so much for the update! Keep us posted! :blush:

1 Like

Congratulations on all the healthy babies! Sorry about the ones who didn’t make it. Unfortunately, that is the way of it sometimes.

1 Like