Are these morphs worth getting potentially murdered for? (AKA craigslist finds)

I tend to avoid buying on craigslist because it’s sketchy, but over the years have done it a few times on a whim. It’s like garage sale shopping - usually not worth the time, but occasionally you can find a treasure.

So today some guy listed these two, he’s claiming one is a fire and the other is spider leopard banana…thoughts? I could see spider leopard for the one, but not really any banana in there. His eyes are pretty green, so maybe pastel spider leopard?

Probably not a great deal, but I almost want to buy them to get them out of that awful enclosure

6 Likes

Tell him you want the tank so he can’t be stupid anymore. Banana or not they weren’t cheap. I always worry they’re passing me off ill snakes. If it’s a deal then yeah if you have properly set up a quarantine and are prepared for the worst. Then yeah. But it could just be a headache or his loss your gain. Be safe about it, sketchy people around.

5 Likes

1st is Bumblebee Leopard

2nd Pastel Axanthic

3 Likes

The lighting is really bad, so I doubt that is a pastel axanthic. The blushing in the blacks does say fire, but we will need more pictures to tell for sure. Spider leopard for sure on the first one, but can’t tell a lot else due to lighting.

3 Likes

He’s asking $200 for the pair and I’m on the fence about it. I don’t want either of those morphs badly enough to be killed for them (a nice clown on the other hand…)

4 Likes

Tell them you want to meet and see them before you decide (to make sure they aren’t sick but don’t tell them that). Take someone with you to make sure you don’t get murder death killed and meet in a public place.

10 Likes

Hahaha, thanks! I was already planning on asking to meet in a public place and to bring one of my guy friends with me. I am entirely too small and un-intimidating to do craiglist deals alone.

3 Likes

To be honest if it was me I would get them it seems like it’s a good deal for both but like you said they’re not something you’re in dire need of, and me personally I love craigslist deals not all but some are worth it

2 Likes

Why sell them for 200 even if you need the money, you could sell them 200 a piece and wait for someone to haggle if your willing to do 200.

He originally asked for $500 for the pair and I told him absolutely not

1 Like

Well. For that I’d go look at them atleast. Lots of people get snakes and they end up not being what they thought it would be. Or plan to breed and move too fast.

2 Likes

Definitely a spider leopard, possible pastel but no banana for what I can see.
I think fire on the second one, but that’s a horrible pic.
For the price of 200$, if you have the quarantine space, I’d take a gamble on it.
I ran into 2 amazing people who I now call close friends off of craigslist. They are both breeders who didn’t have any other social platform to sell their snakes. Not everyone on craigslist is a bad person, and those of us who assume they are( not saying you do, just general consensus) are just ignorant.
Definitely bring someone with you like you mentioned, meet in a public place preferably with cameras and see how it goes. If you have the money then the spider leopard poss pastel alone is easily worth 200$.
In this time with the pandemic, some people just need to get rid of their snakes and other belongings, so this could be legitimate.

9 Likes

Update: So I told him I was interested and willing to meet, and he said he wanted $250. Which crossed the line in the sand I was willing to pay for mystery morphs on craiglist that didn’t fit my breeding plans, so I said “no thanks” and wished him the best. I sincerely hope someone else takes him up on the offer and gets those little cuties into a better setup

6 Likes

I would have done the same. If he agreed to your offer of 200$, then increased to 250$, that’s just a warning sign he either is shifty, or can’t decide which isn’t worth your time.
Very honorable you tried in the first place, and unfortunately we can’t save all the bad situations these snakes end up in. I’m sure someone will step in and grab them up, hopefully it’s a better place then they seem to be in now.

5 Likes

Well although it is sketchy like you say I have bought off craigslist a few times and I do conceal carry or at the very least carry a pocket knife of some kind because lets be honest, you just never know who is on the other side of the screen. Whether you decide to buy them or not I always try meeting in a very public place to do the transaction just so that way if anything does happen there are witnesses but on the other hand there are some good deals too good to pass up like just the other day some guy is selling a full grown female pied for $200 so I may take a gamble on that.

9 Likes

That’s a steal I got my 1200gr female albino for 300 off craigslist

2 Likes

Wow, that’s a suspiciously good deal

2 Likes

Even if it ends up being a male it is still a good deal on a pied of any kind. I would at least meet them for it for sure.

3 Likes

Yeah my first thought too but this person responded very timely and provided very good pics of the animal in question and it looked like it was in perfect health. I think deals like that are just people trying to rehome the animal as fast as possible because since the fires in CA have caused a lot of damage some people are selling animals for ridiculously low prices.

4 Likes

I wish he was near me i would’ve got him but I’m in ny

1 Like