Are these possible injuries any thing to worry about?

I got this snake last Wednesday, I noticed these two possible issues but figured id wait until she finished shedding to see if they still persisted. She just shed today so I took some pics after. She is also missing a spur. Im hoping these are superficial injuries from past live feedings that will heal no problem. Every snake Ive received in the past has been flawless so Im unfamiliar with this kind of situation.
Shallow holes under chin

These are bumps and slightly different colored from other scales.

1 Like

I can’t confirm is I don’t have the credentials but I would say that as long as they are healed there is nothing to worry about but those holes are weird do they go all the way through? It almost looks like something Pierced(I’m kidding) it is most likely just a rat bite or a birth defect

1 Like

The holes are very shallow. Not any deeper than the line in the middle of the underside of her chin. I really hope it’s not a birth defect since I had breeding plans for her, I paid a lot of money for her too.

1 Like

Yeah once again I don’t have the credentials to tell you from pictures so I would definitely wait for someone else before getting mad at the breeder I would definitely ask them about it though just to see what they say.

1 Like

Asking the breeder is the first step. I’m certainly not able or qualified to say for certain, and I’ve no idea about the bumps. I’m concerned about the origin of those shallow holes/dimples though. Looking closely at the correlating scales on the left side of the snake, there appear to be thinner or redder areas in matching location. Maybe it’s just a photo artifact. If it is real, they’re congenital.

2 Likes

I think ill wait to message the breeder until some one more experienced can help out here. Since the breeder sold me the snake in this condition(with out any disclosures) I dont exactly expect them to be to helpful.

1 Like

Good luck. I believe I would take her to an exotics vet for an opinion. Please let us know how things progress.

2 Likes

Ive contacted the breeder, ill see what they say.

2 Likes

Wishing you luck!

2 Likes

Keep us updated! I’m curious what they say

3 Likes

“That slightly different color is just the color of her scales from what i can see. The smaller spots underneath her chin are healed wounds.
I can extend our return policy for 24 hours if you would like to return her but I can assure you she’s fine if you want to keep her.”

So far things seem okay as long as this stuff is superficial and will heal. The discolored scales have a bump under them, the color isnt what Im worried about. He probably should have waited for the wounds to fully heal before listing her for sale or said some thing in the ad that she is healing but oh well.

1 Like

Absolutely.

2 Likes

Agree with @jrpreptiles 100%
But these are minor marks/injuries, and I would not worry if it was me. One or maybe two sheds max and good husbandry should sort it out.

4 Likes