Are these the 1st ever CB Volta eggs?

ARE THESE THE WORLDS 1st CAPTIVE BRED VOLTA EGGS ? :star_struck:
Ten very large almost round instead of oblong eggs from the youngest of our WC Volta females who still a lot of growing to do :partying_face:
Pairing: SUPER PASTEL BUTTER DESERT GHOST x VOLTA

Imagine a HUGE 6kg Stunning Desert Ghost combo :star_struck::heart_eyes::star_struck::heart_eyes::star_struck::heart_eyes::star_struck::heart_eyes::star_struck:

10 Likes

Congratulations! That male looks so small compared to her lol :joy:

There are animals on the sales site right now that is CBB pure Voltas and crosses.

5 Likes

People have been breeding Volta-type animals for decades… Definitely not the first time it has been done

5 Likes

I have seen a few alleged ones in the UK,
@t_h_wyman @eaglereptiles But MorphMarket does not seem to be able to select for Volta???
Is that because its not a morph and hard to prove true?

2 Likes

What does the Volta morph do? I’ve never heard of it before, but then again I’m fairly new to the reptile community. Thank you!

1 Like

It isn’t a morph. It is the Sub-Saharan locale of BPs. They are usually bigger and have larger clutches on average.

3 Likes

Volta is a location in Africa where these animals are collected. Specifically it is the region in Ghana between the western shore of Lake Volta and the Togo border. So they are more properly thought of as a locality. Think of them along the lines of grey-banded kingsnakes: Black Gap, Davis Mtn, Xmas Mtn, Sanderson, etc.

All ball pythons are “sub-Saharan” :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :joy:

5 Likes

I am just quoting what the breeders refer to them as lol.

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense to an old breeder of new world snakes but someone also new to ball pythons.
That’s a good guess or very good memory about my posts :grimacing:

1 Like

Neither. Part of it is my own personal experience as I keep BlackGap locality. And part of it is that the alterna folks are pretty much universally known throughout the hobby as being the most anal-retentive when it comes to locality data

2 Likes

Fantastic ,a friend recently bought a Volta from yourselves lovely snake regards Tony

1 Like

I love this locality. What is your favorite one?

Ohh thank you so much for clarifying! Thank you for having the patience to explain it too. Much appreciated!

1 Like