Are we now going to do "Let' s see.... XYZ" for every single gene there is?

I have a hunch a Forum like this could be used for better posts. :wink::v:

3 Likes

Basically, until I have pictures of every single gene for here

I did notice it was starting to become a bit rammed with the same question so I tried out a new method by hosting a poll (basically doing 2 morphs in one thread)
Can you think of a better way to go about this?

4 Likes

Donā€™t worry about grumpy pants. Keep asking for what you need. Forum participation has gone up about 200% in the past 2 weeks (my estimate) and even tho there might be some repetitive topic spam itā€™s not forever and I think simply having more to talk about is causing more people to take advantage of these.

5 Likes

:crazy_face::v:

Grouchy55Comicvine

1 Like

Seems like those post get the most attention and people like showing off there babyā€™s so Iā€™d say those post will continue.

6 Likes

Yeah there are way more of us who support you than those who dont. And I can guarantee site traffic has gone up because of you. Keep going :ok_hand:

3 Likes

I donā€™t mind them, but maybe we can come up with a special tag for them so that people that are not interested can filter them out?

Unfortunately tags donā€™t hide post (as far as Iā€™m aware you canā€™t blacklist a tag), they just bundle them together to make searching for specifics easier, but Iā€™ll do some digging and see if there is better route to take.

If it becomes unbearable you could always block me personally for the next few weeks (donā€™t forget to unblock me though, I donā€™t want to miss out on your posts).

But as @thecrawdfather said it is not forever, just until each base morph has somewhere I can both gather pictures from the community, and also link each morph page too.

You can mute threads by hitting one button lol. If ppl arenā€™t smart enough to figure that out Iā€™m sorry haha.

1 Like

You can also mute tags in your account settings. Just tested it with ā€œphotosā€ and any post that contained the ā€œphotosā€ tag was hidden from me on the latest page.

1 Like

To be fair and what people should realize is that this isnā€™t a small little project. This is a whole encyclopedia of morphs, descriptions, and so on. Hes gonna need our help either way as a sort of peer review and so we can help his progress along. Isnā€™t the point of the forums to help one another and share information rather than knocking someone down? To be honest I think making a thread about disliking @eaglereptiles work seems kinda immature but hey thatā€™s me

3 Likes

I think the majority of the community are having a lot of fun with those posts, enjoying sharing their own animals and admiring other peopleā€™s animals as well. It seems to me that those who donā€™t like this kind of post should just, you know, not read it.

2 Likes

I hope so. :slight_smile:

Then I hope we do two gene combos like ā€œLetā€™s see your Banana Piedsā€

Several years later we can do three gene ā€œLetā€™s see those Orange Dream Enchi Firesā€ :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Kind of nice seeing photos from everyone for diff. morphs. Gives some of us newer to the hobby or not around large collections to get a visual on how diff each snake really is. I like it.

2 Likes

I also like that we are seeing a lot of older snakes, whereas on sites such as WOBP you mostly see pics of babies and donā€™t get a sense of how they ultimately turn out.

4 Likes

Iā€™m sure the boss will chime in soon. She canā€™t help herself but comment on every post every comment. About as bad as the crawdfather. You donā€™t get points for post counts in here like the old school forums. People who openly admit they are new really shouldnā€™t give googled advise on every post

@mattasay AGREED! :rofl:

New and giving google advice lol? Looks like you really got your feeling hurt when you were reminded of forum rules didnā€™t you?

Funny thing I donā€™t see you giving sound advice and helping people, out of 4 posts created so far two were to antagonize othersā€¦this is not Facebook :wink: and I will try again one last time.

Be Agreeable, Even When You Disagree

You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. Thatā€™s fine. But remember to criticize ideas, not people . Please avoid:

• Name-calling
  • Ad hominem attacks
  • Responding to a postā€™s tone instead of its actual content
  • Knee-jerk contradiction

Instead, provide reasoned counter-arguments that improve the conversation.

5 Likes

Oh damn @stewart_reptiles called you out LOL. haha that really backfired on you huh? Hopefully you wont be giving anymore googled advise (:

2 Likes

All good. Must have been having a rough day. Hope it gets better @mattasay :kissing_heart: