Are we now going to do "Let' s see.... XYZ" for every single gene there is?

I have a hunch a Forum like this could be used for better posts. :wink::v:

3 Likes

Basically, until I have pictures of every single gene for here

I did notice it was starting to become a bit rammed with the same question so I tried out a new method by hosting a poll (basically doing 2 morphs in one thread)
Can you think of a better way to go about this?

4 Likes

Don’t worry about grumpy pants. Keep asking for what you need. Forum participation has gone up about 200% in the past 2 weeks (my estimate) and even tho there might be some repetitive topic spam it’s not forever and I think simply having more to talk about is causing more people to take advantage of these.

5 Likes

:crazy_face::v:

Grouchy55Comicvine

1 Like

Seems like those post get the most attention and people like showing off there baby’s so I’d say those post will continue.

6 Likes

Yeah there are way more of us who support you than those who dont. And I can guarantee site traffic has gone up because of you. Keep going :ok_hand:

3 Likes

I don’t mind them, but maybe we can come up with a special tag for them so that people that are not interested can filter them out?

Unfortunately tags don’t hide post (as far as I’m aware you can’t blacklist a tag), they just bundle them together to make searching for specifics easier, but I’ll do some digging and see if there is better route to take.

If it becomes unbearable you could always block me personally for the next few weeks (don’t forget to unblock me though, I don’t want to miss out on your posts).

But as @thecrawdfather said it is not forever, just until each base morph has somewhere I can both gather pictures from the community, and also link each morph page too.

You can mute threads by hitting one button lol. If ppl aren’t smart enough to figure that out I’m sorry haha.

1 Like

You can also mute tags in your account settings. Just tested it with “photos” and any post that contained the “photos” tag was hidden from me on the latest page.

1 Like

To be fair and what people should realize is that this isn’t a small little project. This is a whole encyclopedia of morphs, descriptions, and so on. Hes gonna need our help either way as a sort of peer review and so we can help his progress along. Isn’t the point of the forums to help one another and share information rather than knocking someone down? To be honest I think making a thread about disliking @eaglereptiles work seems kinda immature but hey that’s me

3 Likes

I think the majority of the community are having a lot of fun with those posts, enjoying sharing their own animals and admiring other people’s animals as well. It seems to me that those who don’t like this kind of post should just, you know, not read it.

2 Likes

I hope so. :slight_smile:

Then I hope we do two gene combos like “Let’s see your Banana Pieds”

Several years later we can do three gene “Let’s see those Orange Dream Enchi Fires” :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Kind of nice seeing photos from everyone for diff. morphs. Gives some of us newer to the hobby or not around large collections to get a visual on how diff each snake really is. I like it.

2 Likes

I also like that we are seeing a lot of older snakes, whereas on sites such as WOBP you mostly see pics of babies and don’t get a sense of how they ultimately turn out.

4 Likes

I’m sure the boss will chime in soon. She can’t help herself but comment on every post every comment. About as bad as the crawdfather. You don’t get points for post counts in here like the old school forums. People who openly admit they are new really shouldn’t give googled advise on every post

@mattasay AGREED! :rofl:

New and giving google advice lol? Looks like you really got your feeling hurt when you were reminded of forum rules didn’t you?

Funny thing I don’t see you giving sound advice and helping people, out of 4 posts created so far two were to antagonize others…this is not Facebook :wink: and I will try again one last time.

Be Agreeable, Even When You Disagree

You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But remember to criticize ideas, not people . Please avoid:

• Name-calling
  • Ad hominem attacks
  • Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content
  • Knee-jerk contradiction

Instead, provide reasoned counter-arguments that improve the conversation.

5 Likes

Oh damn @stewart_reptiles called you out LOL. haha that really backfired on you huh? Hopefully you wont be giving anymore googled advise (:

2 Likes

All good. Must have been having a rough day. Hope it gets better @mattasay :kissing_heart: