Artephius X Princess Irene's clutch arrived

Dan has been in charge while I was out of town for a few days. Princess Irene was due to lay any time and he was hoping that she’d wait until I got home. He kinda got his wish. This morning when he checked, nada. Now I’m home again, and she seems to have finished laying 16 beautiful eggs. I’m so proud of her! This clutch is likely to have lots of variety. That’s always fun.

6 Likes

Yay, congrats!

2 Likes

Thank you! What a wonderful “welcome home.”

2 Likes

What a homecoming gift!

2 Likes

Thanks! I also did a bit less actual fretting since I was not home to watch her not laying over the past few days. Lol

3 Likes

I can imagine that really helps with all of the hovering abilities!

3 Likes

Totally my new plan! Sunlight should have her prenatal shed in the next day or two. Guess I should see if any other out of town family needs a visit! :smile:

2 Likes

Congratulations! That’s great!

2 Likes

Thank you, Riley! This season is going so beautifully so far, I’m starting to get nervous. Sure do hope Old Man Murphy keeps snoozing! I’m probably going to be holding my breath as hatching time nears!

2 Likes

Lol so apparently I can’t count. I was checking these eggs today, making sure the incubation medium had the proper amount of moisture, etc. I realized that there aren’t 16 eggs. There are 14. :flushed: Oops!

I’m still quite delighted, and super excited about all the possibilities. Just embarrassed that I posted a miscount.

2 Likes