Arthas (Ice) Photo Log

I just know this boy is going to grow up to be super gorgeous so I’m going to try to keep track of his photos here and keep this updated. :slight_smile:

Arthas is an Ice het Pied Sided Bloodred, PH Amel, Caramel, & Lavender. He was produced by Chris Nicholas.

I forgot to put the lamp on before I snapped the picture (doh!) but here he is with a nice, full tummy. Today he took his first large pinkie! :heart:
IMG_0569

9 Likes

What a pretty little guy! He looks so softly metallic, like almsot pearly.

4 Likes

He does! In better lighting he has soft shades of pink, too. Ice is just such a great morph imo!

3 Likes

He’s great! Ice is a really nice morph; goes through a pretty significant color change. I wasn’t initially loving the colors my ice tessera was turning around his 2nd birthday, but then he suddenly changed to a dark gray and light gray snake and I love it!

5 Likes

He is one handsome boy! Can’t wait to see how he grows! :+1::100:

4 Likes

Very nice! I like Ice. The subtle tones are very attractive - and challenging to photograph I would guess. How did you choose his name?

3 Likes

@caryl I’m a huge nerd so I named him after a character from a video game who is known as the Lich King and has mastery over winter. Because he’s an Ice… Yeah I’m silly lol.

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

4 Likes

Love the name. I’ve got some themes in my collection, too. For instance, most Caramels have magic themes, many of Odin’s offspring have Norse themes, the Halos have angelic names, and Lavenders have an Arthurian theme. Visual Strawberries or Peaches are named for cultivars. I get into difficulties when things combine, like the Strawberry Lavender, Halo Strawberry Snow, or Halo Peaches. In those cases I just go with whichever seems most fitting for the individual. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :laughing:

5 Likes

Naming schemes can be hard sometimes! Right now my theme was villain names, but then I got Raisinet and she gets called that more than her villain name. Oh well, she’s special, she gets two names. :joy:

6 Likes

Lol! That’s like my Reese. Olivia took my name suggestion when she was going with the “Candy” theme for his clutch. Then one day she found him curled up in his “Dots” box so that’s where the name “Little Dot” came from! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I managed to get a better shot of Arthas tonight when I was feeding him. It better captures the pink-ish hue he has going on right now. I think my favorite part is the yellow on his sides though.

6 Likes

Pretty boy! Love his translucent head!

6 Likes

Handsome boy that Arthas! I like the yellow part too! :blush:

Edit to correct his name spelling! Oops!

4 Likes

I love the subtle tones of his coloring. I’m with you, @metalheadreptiles, the yellow tones are lovely.

3 Likes

Just a cute picture of Arthas that I forgot was on my phone! He loves to “noodle about” as we call it and spends a lot of time being visible in his vivarium. (Note: he and Raisinet are not housed together, they just have matching skull hides)

6 Likes

I love it when they’re happy to be out and about. Some are just more homebody types who like to observe the world (or not) from a hide. Some like to see what is happening in the world. Those are the ones I would choose to take to school or on educational ventures.

3 Likes

Miss Fanny is most always out in the open, Turnip and Daikon are always hiding and Little Dot is usually in between. It’s amazing how snakes of the same breed have such different personalities! :blush:

2 Likes