At a Loss at What to Do! (Injured snake, icky photos)

The OP added this to the initial post:

EDIT: Thanks for the suggestions, the last message I got was “Nah, she’s fine now” and then when they got home they found she had passed away before I could really get any outside help. Heat mats and glass just don’t mix. :confused:

1 Like

@westridge Thanks for pointing that out. I was following along from the beginning but only reading the new post. I didn’t notice that edit. That sucks! I was hoping for a better outcome.

Unfortunately, with a burn that severe, survival is unlikely, and certain without vet care.

1 Like

Makes me a little sick to my stomach. People need to do better.

3 Likes

That’s truly awful. Thanks for trying to step in and do something about it, even though it turned out to be too late.

1 Like

Oh, so sorry for the delay @akirby91! I’ve been busy! She did pass away, unfortunately. I really dislike humans sometimes :expressionless:

4 Likes

With all the information on proper care literally at are fingertips its unreal poeple can be so lazy they can’t watch or read one of a thousand vidoes or articles on how to properly care for these animals…so sad.

1 Like

Honestly, many online care sheets and “informational” videos have inaccuracies.
Whether it’s temperature, bedding, feeding or aomething else, many reptile enthusiasts don’t know enough to keep the animals healthy.
In my experience, most novices won’t spend the time researching many sources of care information (many seem to either believe what the pet store employee guessed about care, what their friend who sold them said, or what they learned from 5 minutes online in one care sheet or youtube video).