At what point are holes too small?

At what point are holes too small for a BP? Chester here is starting to muffin top around the smaller holes of his silicone ball. Time to retire this toy?

3 Likes

Wow he just fits… personally i would remove it before it would get stuck.

7 Likes

Great pic! That’s so funny!:smile: Nice banana pied guy you got as well. You know it’s funny when a ball python gets stuck or almost. Seriously though I once had to wait over 30 min for my retic, who seen her chance to explore a space in between levels of a ball python rack behind where I was holding her to figure out she couldn’t go through anymore and to back out! No forcing a adult retic anywhere they don’t want to go

6 Likes

I think it’s time to build him something out of 3” PVC

1 Like

Thanks, he’s supposed to have black pastel in him as well. Breeder told me that after I got him, bonus gene that he proved out

2 Likes

Upgraded him to a large “jolly ball”. Had a small ball inside that I popped and pulled out. 2.8” openings should be safe for his adult life, but I will keep an eye on it as he gets bigger

2 Likes

Seems to be enjoying his new ball

1 Like

i saw someone snip the rubber line and sand it to just make the holes bigger basically combining 2 separate holes into a big one :slight_smile: not sure if it’ll work for you but might be worthy a try haha

2 Likes

It’s already been released to the pup

2 Likes