Auction listings?

Did I miss an update or something? I just happened to stumble across a listing that is listed as an auction style, like eBay or something similar.

I tried to search on here for an update and also checked the morphmarket news section, but no luck there.

@eaglereptiles @brittni-admin @akmorphs

6 Likes

I think I saw on Facebook that auctions on MM are now live!

edit: I found it

5 Likes

We are doing a “slow” release for this, and it will be “officially” announced on different channels throughout the week. We do have a help article written up on how they work here: Auctions - MorphMarket Support Center

8 Likes

Just curious, because I don’t see anything about it within the help article.

Say the current bid is $250, if I go and bid $375, because that’s the most I’d be willing to pay, does it show the newest high bid at $255, or does it default to go to whatever the bid I just entered was? I know other auction platforms have this feature, so was just curious if it worked the same here. (Assuming no, until clarified)

@eaglereptiles @brittni-admin

5 Likes

Right now I believe, because I haven’t done any of them, that it goes to the amount of enter. But I wouldn’t know for sure, unless I was to enter something, so I will be waiting until I ant to buy something lol :joy:.

4 Likes

Oh @nswilkerson1 i just placed my first bid :wink:. It is on a hognose :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

It will show the amount entered.

What you are asking for is called bid “sniping”. Where you can set a limit you are willing to pay, and it will keep adding $5 up until that limit if you get outbid?

It is something we will need to think about for V2

4 Likes

This is good stuff. Way to go, MM Team! :clap:

4 Likes

I personally prefer this. There are pros and cons both ways, but this is my choice.

6 Likes

Yes, I like this much better then the other option, but that is my personal opinion.

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s basically what I was asking. I’m not particularly for or against it, just wanted to make sure that the way it works was clear (for my understanding). I wonder if it would be beneficial to make a note of this in the description of how auctions work? I say that as someone that’s primary experience with online auctions coming from eBay, which I assume would be a lot of others as well.

3 Likes

Did you win?!

2 Likes

We will see :joy:

3 Likes

Please dont add that. I hate it and i personally wont bid on things like that.

I won her!!! I have a hognose now!!!

3 Likes

Yay! That’s so cool!

4 Likes