Axanthic conda

“Lorcan” yearling Axanthic conda het albino

23 Likes

Very nice! Love how hognoses always look like they’re smiling.

7 Likes

Albino Axanthic… I bet that’s lush…

3 Likes

I have an albino het axanhic female and then the PYG she’s a snow A.K.A albino axanthic

12 Likes

She’s perfect! Absolutely gorgeous hoggie :relaxed:

5 Likes

And my bino

11 Likes

They’re all beautiful, I love the major colour differences, and when putting together you get a white/lilac hog! Doesn’t seem like that would even happen… Amazing!

5 Likes

me too. I couldn’t decide, so bought one of each

7 Likes

If only every snake buying decision could go this way :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Very beautiful snakes!

4 Likes

haha yes. i have a friend who breeds them so it was rude not to

6 Likes

Absolutely beautiful snakes and I love all your photography. If I can ask about “trade secrets” is there any special camera/lenses/phone additions or software you use to work on your photography. Not looking into spending thousands of dollars but I’d definitely like to at least get some of the smaller details you’re able to pick up in your photography in mine. Love taking pictures (just for fun) of my reptiles and fish and I wish my stuff looked half as good as yours. :heart:

3 Likes

Hey. My trade secrets are no secret. I am not gifted in the technology department. I am from an arty family…so my saving grace has always been that I find it a natural flow to compose a photograph. If I can see it in my head, I can usually capture it on camera.
I first used my first “proper” camera about 13, nearly 14 years ago. I cried It was horrible. I put it in manual and practiced pretty much everyday. No amount of online videos, nikon for dummies could help. It went totally OVER my head for years well until the last couple of years tbh. So I learned backwards. I could shoot a photo before knowing how to use the camera properly. I can’t do auto it just doesn’t work well for me. I knew how to do it for me, but not to explain it to anyone…if you get me. Trust me to be awkward. Many people learn the basics like what ISO, white balance and aperture does BEFORE the composition.

I don’t DO Phones pics…WELL until recently. I refused to have a phone but Dad had a heart attack so they wanted to be able to get in contact with me, so I gave in. It’s good for cat pics and vids. I can’t say I enjoy it as it’s just like snap shots. Not really photography or the experience for me…even if it was the worlds best phone…it still wouldn’t give me that romance between the camera and shooting. YES you can get good phone photos…but that usually just a clear pic. When it comes to blowing up photos for crisp images for prints…it’s just substandard. I also believe that you can only go so far with a phone camera… however it’s not a dedicated lens…

In terms of cameras a lot of people get it a bit wrong…if you learn to use a camera then you can get pretty much the same results on any camera. Nikon, sony, canon etc etc for DSLR. Many cameras are less than a mobile phone. It is only really when you are doing specific genre, as more of a…pro style, that you would need a possible upgrade. However the glass (the lens) is what makes a HUGE difference tbh. Many people also think that megapixel count…counts for a lot…not necessarily. YES you will get a crisper pic sometimes but it’s the sensor size that counts so never buy a camera based solely on mega pixels.

I always recommend bridge cameras. They are fantastic. One model I have used and had myself was the Panasonic lumix FZ82. It’s affordable second hand it’s an all in one. It will teach you to learn to shoot without mega expense. Also if you do find photography isn’t for you or you don’t use it and want to sell it, they sell well.

With a bridge camera it there are programmes built in like macro that will assist you when learning

Hope this helps. I mean many people i know… rather arrogantly asked for advice, then ignored the fact that PRACTICE is the key. Thought they could be a photographer by buying an expensive camera or a mid end and can’t take a photo to save their life…People expect a more expensive camera to be better, but it’s the person behind the lens

9 Likes

Awesome response! And you do make perfect sense. Most of my family is fairly artsy too and I’ve often tried to explain to people that there’s really no way to explain how to do certain things other than I just do it (or it feels -right-).

I did take photography in high school (old school, black and white, non-digital, with the actual film and chemicals and the whole 9 yards)about 300 years ago :joy: though I will admit I don’t think I was very good. But I also didn’t have practice and the teacher was very much not an artist in the conventional sense. They treated everything more like a math formula to be followed rather than an actual art form. If that makes any sense. (Best way I can explain is I always refer to baking as a science and cooking as an art). I’m more about improvisation in the moment than following someone’s set recipe. (I’m also a horrible baker). Lol!

I also was against the phone for the longest time (until I had a job that required it and my parents are also getting up there so it makes sense to have one)
I find that my two favorite things to do on it are go online and read about things (mostly animal related as the news just stresses me out) and taking photos on it. Mostly also animal related because my husband and I are very much happiest at home with our peace and quiet and little “zoo”.

As far as photographing our pets I can’t say I’m leaps and bounds better than I was as a kid, (I sometimes literally take dozens upon dozens of photos to find one I may sort of like), but I’d also like to do them more justice than just phone photography. I’ll definitely check out the equipment you mentioned and I appreciate the input about everything! Keep taking those awesome photos. I know they always instill in me either a sense of wonder or at the very least a smile…. As I’m sure they do in others as well :smiley:

4 Likes

YES I did photography black n white in high school too. I took photos of iguanas lol.
You also develop your own style too, people can tell they are my shots without the logo

5 Likes

This is so true! Style is very important in making a good shot.

6 Likes

Oddly enough I did the same! (Well iguanas and trees) I also think my teacher wasn’t the biggest fan of reptiles. But one persons version of art doesn’t always equate to someone else’s I suppose. :joy:

4 Likes

yes mine asked it I could draw something without a reptile in. So for my next peace of work, I painted treefrogs.
I was allowed to take my iguana to school for art class :slight_smile: I lived just up the road

4 Likes