Babies on the way! Soon hopefully!

Anxiously awaiting the birth of Escapee’s first litter.

First paired April 4th, visible lock April 17th.

Today, August 10th. Big buldge slowly moving toward her tail!

10 Likes

Best of luck.

3 Likes

Sand boas need more attention! The pattern is so different then anything available. I hope you get a huge heathy litter! :grin:

4 Likes

Anery male to normal female? Any hets in the mix?

1 Like

Ugh how dare you do this to me!!
I would love a pair! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you everyone for your replies! Yes pairing was anery male to an unproven het female, so I’m hoping for a 50/50 litter!

4 Likes

I can’t wait to see them. I’ll likely end up getting sand boas as my first snake (hopefully this month or next).

2 Likes

She’s on the prowl now! I haven’t seen her leave her hot spot for about a month now. Hopefully she is looking for a spot to give birth!

4 Likes

She’s gunna blow!

I think her plan is to wait until I move into my new house next week!

3 Likes

Can always break out the rolling pin :wink:

As much as I get the excitement in wanting to see babies, I recommend leaving her alone. The more you disturb her, the more you could stress her and make her hold onto her litter.

3 Likes

I am not messing with her, I have just been checking on her in the morning and before I go to bed.

2 Likes

It might be best just to look through the side or peek in there rather than opening it all of the way. This is what I did when I was expecting my leopard geckos to lay eggs. Otherwise they could, as Ashley mentioned, hold onto their litter and cause problems.

2 Likes