Baby ball python hasn't shed in 7weeks

I bought this ball python 7 weeks ago she’s eaten every meal but hasn’t shed. It also looks like she might be missing a few scales on the top of her head? I’m not too sure what to do?

1 Like

They all grow at different rates. It looks fine so just keep feeding and keep the humidity levels where they need to be and it will be fine

3 Likes

How many meals is “every meal”?

Can we see a full body picture and let us know your temp/humidity levels?

1 Like

I’m feeding her 2 times a week her temp is 32C and her humidity is 60%

1 Like

Humidity and temp is average. I personally would bring the temp down to 31. And any signs of shedding bring the humidity up to 70.
But, feeding 2 times a week is a bit much. Unless you are feeding much smaller size meals. Once a week is plenty, and possibly converting to every other week if starts refusing meals. Just my 2 cents and what works for me.

3 Likes

I have the thermostat flow between 31-32C and I’m feeding her on rat pups at the moment she’s about 5months old so I’m not sure if that would be considered a small meal.

The average consensus is to feed what is equivalent to the circumference of the thickest part of the snake. Since all snakes (just like people) very is size, it is hard to tell someone what size they should be fed. And this would be 1, once a week to every other week. As long as it is feeding once a weekly, i would keep doing it. I switch up to every other when they start slowing down, and keep it on this schedule from there on out. I still say you are good on temp and humidity. You are bound to get a shed soon.

3 Likes

I second feeding less often, twice a week is a lot. Either once a week or once every two weeks is much better and more sustainable They’ll shed whenever they’re ready, so as long as your humidity levels are good, it’s not something I’d worry about too much.

4 Likes

Thanks but it looks like there might be some missing scales on her head so I’m not sure about that?

Ok thanks I’ll make sure to start feeding her once a week

I can’t really tell, but it looks like a small area maybe the size of 2 scales, this looks like an injure to me. It should heal over several Sheds, if this is the case.

3 Likes

Ok thanks for the help

@shadowspiderjack show are things going? Get any sheds yet?

1 Like

Yep she shed earlier this week although she pooped in it lol

2 Likes

That’s pretty common! Glad to hear she had a sucessful shed for you

2 Likes

The odd patch of missing scales also all came back surprisingly I thought that would have taken a couple sheds to re grow

I don’t know about Balls but i feed my snakes about once every 10-14 days depending on how they are telling me they are hungry. Even though snakes can’t talk I’ve picked up on clues about them.

1 Like

That is good news. Glad to hear all os going well.

1 Like

I really did not know how long it would take, but glad to know it only took one shed.

1 Like

Yea I was quite glad by it too