Baby ball python ID

Ok so this is the last baby and the only survivor. Haven’t sexes it yet but what morph do you guys think it is?

4 Likes

Do you know what the pairing was? That would help greatly with id

Going to have to confirm with @saleengrinch on this, but I believe that the baby being underformed can also effect the pigment. Meaning it makes it hard to 100% confirm morph. That said, with it being so underformed there isn’t a huge chance of it surviving long term. As something internal is likely to be wrong as well.

Oh the pairing was Calico Enchi Spinner Yb Prob. OD Poss. Het Pied to a Normal.

It’s not being underdeveloped that causes the “jungle” pattern is spikes in incubation temperature.
To me it looks like a yellowbelly maybe enchi but I don’t think so. But I will willingly admit enchi is not my specialty. And I would honestly leave it alone as much as possible and let it get settled in. You don’t want it stressed and not eating when it’s already pretty small.

2 Likes

Yeah I barely have handled it other than taking the pics and putting it in its tub initially.

1 Like

I thought a Yb Enchi because it’s absence of spots and a lot of Yb tend to have them.

1 Like

I don’t think it is enchi. The eye bands aren’t wide enought and the pattern isn’t right. Poss YB but I can’t tell from the photos. Here is an enchi I just produced.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s enchi as well. It looks yellowbelly to me by the pictures but it also hasn’t shed.

2 Likes

Well I’ll post pics when it sheds. Thanks for the answers so far. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It shed out.

2 Likes

I’d say a yellowbelly!

2 Likes

so cute!!!