Baby Hog Help Please 🙏

You can always put him inside a small container with his with his pink and set it in his new enclosure……

3 Likes

I can definitely tell he has lost some weight but his being active doesn’t give me reason for tons of concern. I’ll have to get a weight again this week when I get home.

3 Likes

Tried twice since last posting. Every 5 days I have laid out pinkies after thawing and put them in spots that are protected that tofu can snatch them from but No Luck! I have seen him out though a lot and so has my wife thankfully, which gives me good hope. I am out of town at work again and will try again when I get back home. I know there was a recommendation to try a f/t in a deli cup with tofu in it. Should I do this and leave him in it for like a whole day? Does there need to be any protection/hides in the deli cup for him or just him and a pinky? Thank you guys for all the support and help with Tofu!!!

3 Likes

Just him and the pink. The deli cup should be small so no room for anything else but he and the pink. You can put the deli cup inside his enclosure if you want. Cover with a towel. You want him to concentrate on the pink……

4 Likes

Perfect thank you! And I know this is probably too in depth but Ive gotta ask. Inside his enclosure there is not a lot of room. What would be the best place to put the deli cup and Tofu. Like warm side, cool side, in between?

3 Likes

You can remove a few things to make the deli cup fit and I would put it in the middle. Hopefully he will go ahead and eat! :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Soooooooooooooo, since all of these posts over time Tofu was losing lots of weight and we extremely thin. Thankfully with the help of my biologist wife we were able to cut up f/t into little pieces and force feed mr tofu litttttle tiny bits over the course of a few months to at least get him going. Some variations in tempaeratures in the tank mixed with that and some patience and yalls help he has now eaten two full f/t pinkies on his own 5 days apart. Force feeding little bits to full f/t and then dipped in egg yolks and now i thaw a frozen dip in egg yolk (little less each time) and he takes right to it! Thank you all for your help and wisdom and hopefully this thread can help the next person in the future!

4 Likes

Good for you, @tpthompson0 and good for your wife! Sometimes they need a bit of extra help to get them going. Seems like after they get food in their bellies regularly, it kind of kick-starts something inside, andthey decide that it’s better to have a full belly. So, after a lot of patience and work on the humans’ part, Tofu has taken two full ft pinkies on his own now? Good for Tofu!! :clap: :confetti_ball:

3 Likes

@tpthompson0 You made a mistake when you named him Tofu! He started out thinking he was a :seedling: vegetarian……

3 Likes