Baby Leo Hides

Hi everyone, I was curious what everyone used for leo hides during breeding season? I know the dollar tree is our friend here and there are many containers to use but has anyone found anything really nice and inexpensive? The best thing i’ve found is 12-20 packs of sugar packet holders on amazon for under $10 that work well. What else is everyone using?

1 Like

I use sandwich containers like this for all of my reptiles:
https://www.amazon.com/Microwavable-Containers-Rectangular-BPA-Free-Dishwasher/dp/B07NF9RXWM/ref=sr_1_8?crid=1HHEXXB1ZRBRZ&keywords=black+plastic+sandwich+containers&qid=1681863548&sprefix=black+plastic+sandwich+containers%2Caps%2C101&sr=8-8
I’m not sure which size I got (it’s the same thing as what I linked, but probably a different size). But, you can probably find one that works well.

3 Likes

I’ve only ever had pretty small numbers of hatchlings at a given time, so I was able to get smallish-sized, cheaper tupperware humid hides for each. I think the measurements were around 4”l x 2”h x 2”d. Then I just put sponges inside and kept them moist. For regular hides, I have a zillion of the standard black plastic kind I’ve collected over the years that I use now, though I still use toilet paper/paper towel tubes for variety or when my adults have had to travel.

3 Likes

Thanks for the note, saved on amazon, those are a great size, thank you.

2 Likes

Ha, I am right there with you, have tons of tupperware humid hides of all sizes, just none for the babies. Thanks for the note!

1 Like

That’s a neat idea.

I never thought about using sponges! That should be easy to clean as well!

Thanks!

1 Like