Baby or adult adoption if I'm trying to make it an education/outreach animal?

That job belongs to someone else now. :wink:

8 Likes

I wonder who? Lol! :thinking::snake:

4 Likes

Yay!!! Congratulations @noodlehaus!

4 Likes

Hold that congrats until FedEx gets their :poop: together. Someone’s plane never left last night. :person_facepalming:

6 Likes

Unexpected layovers are never fun, for creatures big and small. Hoover can’t even get out for a Cinnabon, which is the only silver lining this would have for a human.

7 Likes

This is giving me flashbacks as it’s a month (to the day) since I arrived home from overseas after the worst flight experience of my life…Didn’t even notice the timing perfectly lined up. :rofl: Hopefully Hoover’s experience will be less stressful.

7 Likes

Oh no! I knew I should have driven to MN! :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

May the shipping gods look favorably upon us and grant Hoover safe passage so that a drive to MN isn’t necessary. :pray: :joy:

7 Likes

I hope that he makes it there safely. More problems is not something you need.

8 Likes

Thankfully the weather seems to be in our favor and he’s finally off the ground!

8 Likes

That is good news! Happy that things are starting to look up.

8 Likes

Ugh, I hate shipping delays!! I’m sure Hoover was safely packed. He should be fine with the delay, but I know it’s always worrisome when it happens. Say a prayer, knock on wood, cross fingers and toes, whatever it takes - I’ve never had a loss because of shipping problems/delays. Hoover should make it safely. We’ll all be happy when he does.

Side note: I declined a sale last month because the buyer insisted that the snake arrive on a specific date. I told them that they’re was simply no way I can guarantee that. Once I’ve turned a properly prepared and labeled shipment over to FedEx, it’s up to them. Delays happen.

7 Likes

Good for you that you care for your animals! People sometimes don’t realize how fragile snakes are in the hands of others who don’t care about them as we do. Delays are one thing but I also worry about them getting lost as well. You just never know! :blush::+1:

6 Likes

Hoover aka Cody Jr., II is safe and sound and relaxing in his new enclosure! I took video of his unboxing but didn’t want to overwhelm him by standing outside his enclosure and taking a bunch of photos. I promise to include some soon though! He is absolutely stunning to see in person, and what a perfect size! Jess is quite the keeper and shipper. Other than being nervous about every single detail of keeping my little friend safe and happy, I’m just so happy right now.

8 Likes

I am so very glad that despite an extra full day of delay that he made it safe and sound! I’m sure you’ll do a great job with him, he’s a laid back lil guy and pretty tolerant of all the things. What a relief to have him there for both of us!

7 Likes

Wonderful news! Glad the newly-christened Cody Jr. Is safe and sound at home. Congratulations!

7 Likes

Hooray for the home team and Cody! I have a feeling that we have not heard the last of him! I am quite sure he will make a wonderful ambassador for the reptile world :earth_americas:! Reptiles are such wonderful creatures that are sorely misunderstood! Education is the key to squelch the fear a lot humans have of our scaly earth creatures! :+1::snake:

6 Likes

Any updates?

5 Likes