Baby southern devil scorpions

These things are so very tiny, maybe 3mm. Should be fun to collect once they leave the mom, I’m going to try to move her to a different enclosure and hopefully she doesn’t eat them with less room.

9 Likes

I know that a few species of scorpions can actually live in groups and it seems as if this applies to smaller species more. Is that the case with this species? Or are they best kept alone?

2 Likes

All species are best kept alone and typically cohabitated scorpions require much more work and there is always a risk of injury. However I’m not sure if these are able to be kept together.

3 Likes

I keep them separate. I am moving her to a smaller enclosure to try and make is easier to collect the babies when they leave her. Once they leave I will move them to individual vials and offer springtails, melanogaster fruit flies, and micro mealworms.

I have collected a fair few of these guys and I have rarely found them cohabitating the same space. that leads me to believe that they are best kept alone.

3 Likes

Its also my general rule of thumb to keep predatory inverts alone. stuff like isopods and millipedes are good with group living.

2 Likes

I would love to own a scorpion :scorpion:

2 Likes

Same here. I want to one day surround myself with a zoo of mammals, herps, amphibs, inverts and maybe a bird or 2. I wanna be the only rep of my species in the household to complete the parade of the various lifeforms.

2 Likes