Baby Spinosus are too cute!

Nice macro of these little ones before they scatter away. So young the spikes are loading haha!

Fairly hardy isopod, loves charcoal I’ve noticed. Don’t keep too hot or babies can die. Don’t spray them directly and don’t keep sphagnum moss in the tub cause they can get stuck sometimes I’ve been told.

13 Likes

Beautiful little creatures! I need to get back into isopods!

4 Likes

I read this as baby spinosaurus. Biggest let down ever

4 Likes

Awwwwwwww! How very sweet they look! For some reason the only isopods I have luck with are the Oreos! :thinking:

2 Likes

Great minds read alike lol.

3 Likes

I’m dyslexic. Seriously, not joking. That’s not the worst mistake I’ve made

2 Likes

The Time Machine is almost ready! :wink:

3 Likes

Oh my goodness, they are so freaking adorable!! They look like little baby trilobites. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I’m struggling a bit with my P. spinosus, and I’ve found so much conflicting info about husbandry! From frequent misting to never misting (I just add water), must-have moss to avoid moss (both live and dead sphagnum- right now I have both but now I’m reconsidering), and temps running the full gamut from 68F-82F. Mine have always huddled almost exclusively against the heat pad area, so I assume it isn’t too hot? I haven’t found much info regarding dietary preferences either. :weary:

Any further recommendations or observations would be greatly appreciated- this species is one I’m pretty determined to successfully keep as a hobbyist. My adults seem to be doing fine, but I’ve only ever noticed a single wee one toddling around.

5 Likes

Reptile calcium without d3 they will eat the powder directly when needed. They don’t really eat cuttle bone or shells.

5 Likes

Wow that’s great to know @hellfire_exotics! Maybe that’s why I have had not much luck with my various kinds of isopods? hmmmmm. :blush:

1 Like